I’m thrilled to be sharing this Hillshire Farm Sausage and Potato Bake with you today. It is perfect for your Christmas cooking. Warm, flavorful and a breeze to whip up. The peppers, onion and garlic make the house smell incredible with the smoked sausage. You are in for a treat.
Let’s take a look at how simple it is to prepare.
Here are your main ingredients you’ll need to get started.
The star of the show is this Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage.
Boil your cubed potatoes until just tender, about 10 minutes.
Drain the water. Love those steamy potatoes.
Transfer your cooked potatoes to your baking dish.
Spread them evenly.
Slice or dice your onions.
Add them right to your dish.
Slice your Hillshire Farm Sausage.
Add it to your dish.
Add your minced garlic.
A little chicken broth.
Diced green bell pepper.
Diced red bell pepper. These colors are so fabulous!
A little thyme, rosemary and black pepper.
A touch of olive oil.
Give it a good stir and it’s ready for the oven.
Hillshire Farm Sausage and Potato Bake
Turkey Smoked Sausage is baked to perfection with red potatoes, bell peppers, onions, and a delicious blend of seasonings.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 6 servings (about 1-1/2 cups each)
- 1 pkg. Hillshire Farm® Turkey Smoked Sausage
- 6 cups red new potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch-chunks
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Cut sausage in 1/4” slices; set aside.
- Place potatoes in medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain potatoes.
- Combine sausage, potatoes, bell peppers, onion, garlic, chicken broth, olive oil and seasonings in a 12×8-inch baking dish; mix lightly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned and vegetables are tender.
Cook’s Tip: For crispier potatoes, bake 10-15 minutes longer.Nutrition per serving: Serving size: 1-1/2 cups, Calories: 260, Fat: 10g,
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g, Cholesterol: 40 mg, Carbohydrates: 32g, Fiber: 5g,
Sodium: 570mg, Protein: 12gExcellent Source of Vitamin C
Good Source of Iron and Fiber
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Hillshire Farm but thoughts are my own. For the nutritional value and for a Hillshire Farm Coupon click HERE.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.