It’s National Spaghetti Day! I’m thrilled to be teaming up with Barilla Pasta today to celebrate spaghetti and to offer a fun Giveaway.
A new year generally calls for healthier eating right? I’ve developed a recipe made with Barilla Whole Grain Spaghetti chock-full of vegetables drizzled in a warm garlic thyme olive oil. This one is colorful and full of flavor.
Let’s take a look at how we make this.
Here’s your ingredient line-up.
Barilla Whole Grain Spaghetti is a great way to incorporate healthier eating for your family.
Place your spaghetti into a nice big pot of boiling water and cook for about 7 minutes.
It should be nice and al dente.
Here come the veggies. Let’s start with some onions.
Zucchini and yellow squash.
Red bell pepper.
Add it all to the pot and cook for a good 5 minutes.
Add a lovely yellow bell pepper.
Add some white sliced mushrooms and garlic.
Some chopped spinach.
Add your cooked spaghetti back to the pot.
Add your cooked vegetables to the spaghetti.
Season with salt and pepper.
Heat the olive oil, garlic and thyme into a saucepan over medium heat until hot.
Pour the warm oil over the spaghetti and stir.
Vegetable Party Spaghetti with Warm Garlic Thyme Olive Oil
- 1 pound Barilla Whole Grain Spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced white onion
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 2 cups yellow squash
- 1 cup red bell pepper
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups sliced white mushrooms
- 3 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced thyme
- Cook Barilla Spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions, zucchini, yellow squash, bell peppers, garlic, mushrooms and spinach until softened, about 5 minutes. Place cooked spaghetti noodles back into large pot. Stir in vegetables. Season with salt and pepper, stirring.
- Heat olive oil into a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic and fresh thyme. Stir and cook for 3 minutes, until hot. Pour over spaghetti and vegetables, stirring. Serve warm.
Makes 8 Servings
Giveaway now closed. Winner has been notified.
One Winner will win:
15 Boxes of Barilla Pasta
5+ Coupons for Barilla Pasta Sauce
A Cooking Apron
A Set of Bamboo Cooking Utensils
A Cooking Timer
Here’s How To Enter:
1. In my comment section, share a link or title and or/recipe of your favorite healthy spaghetti in honor of National Spaghetti Day. You can enter up to 3 separate recipes.
For Additional Entries:
5. Contest ends January 6th 8am PST. Winner will be chosen via Random.org and will be announced January 7th. Winner must be at least 18 years of age.
Be sure to check out my friends Healthy Barilla Spaghetti
Maria Two Peas and Their Pod Spaghetti with Sun Dried Tomatoes & Spinach
Lori Recipe Girl Baked Lemon Chicken Spaghetti Primavera
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post by Barilla but recipe and thoughts are my own.