Jan
2013

Soups to Warm the Soul

Tags: ,

I’ll be the first to admit that I have no problem sipping soup all year long.  Even while I’m sweating through the summer.  However there is something so wonderful about enjoying a bowl of soup in the winter.  It warms you right up.  I’ve put together a round-up of my favorite Picky Palate soups for you to enjoy :)

Classic Chicken and Rice Soup.  This soup is thick and sticks to your ribs.  You’ll soon find that this recipe will be a new favorite in your family.

BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup.  This soup has been a family favorite for years now.  It takes no time at all to whip up and wait until you taste it!!

There’s nothing more comforting that my Homemade Chicken, Ranch, and Rice Soup.  It’s thick and hearty, warm and full of wonderful vegetables.  This will make anyone feel better!

This is one of my favorite soups of all time.  My Green Chili Chicken and Lime Soup has such great flavors.  Wait until you try this one.

Another favorite in our house is my Healthy and Hearty Chicken and Quinoa Stew. I love the chunky vegetables and quinoa throughout.

Tomato soup is a must in our house.   My Creamy Tomato Soup with Corn, Chicken and Bacon is packed with some of our favorite ingredients and really makes for a fun take on classic tomato soup.

Comments

I was trying to pick a favorite, but I don’t think I can. I want to try them all!

I absolutely LOVE soup. That chicken and quinoa stew looks really good – not sure how I missed it the first time around.

Your Chicken & Rice Soup has become a family favorite since I discovered it on your blog last year!!!

Wow, what a great roundup, Jenny! I’m the same way but with curry…. It’s hot and I sweat the whole time, but I’ll enjoy it any time of year without question.

Marie in Va says:

Oh what to try first?! :)

These all look spectacular! Soup is so perfect for me because it keeps well for days and I can heat it up in an instant for lunch or dinner. I’ve been looking for more recipes for the arsenal. Thanks!

Its funny I never liked soup, ever growing up, but it’s because I never ate it homemade. Now I can’t get enough of them, thanks for the round up!

Those are some tasty looking soups! Perfect for a cold winter day!

What a great line-up!! I feel warm and cozy already. :)

I would gladly sip these soups all the way through winter! I’m ready for some cozying up by the fire with a bowl of one of these!

marla says:

Love ‘em all Jenny!! Soup is such healthy comfort food :)

BBBQ chicken is one of my all time favorite foods, so I am looking forward to trying that soup :) Love the round-up Jenny!

Janet says:

Thanks for the soup recipes. I like soup too but prefer to eat it only during the spring, fall and winter. In the summer I enjoy yummy salads and they continue year round for our family :)

So comforting. Oh Jenny, will you come make me some soup to sip as I recover from this wisdom tooth removal? :)

Jenny, this looks amazing. Nothing like a hearty soup to warm you up and fill the belly (especially with all the snow we’re getting up here). Off to pin!

Lorrie says:

I love soup and these all look yummy! I can’t wait to try them all. Thanks :)

Gaby says:

SO many fun options!! Thanks Jenny!

Jenn says:

These all sound fabulous!

Madison says:

BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup! Yessss please! All of these look marvelous and make me feel all warm and cozy. Thanks for sharing!

Jenn says:

I made the Chicken, Ranch & Rice soup last night. The child with a cold loved it and the child who claims to not like soup ate it and even said it was good. Thanks for the great recipe, can’t wait to try the other ones. :)

yum- what a great soup collection!

Meg F says:

Your Green Chili Chicken and Lime soup is the absolute best soup I have ever eaten! I make it often and absolutely love it!

that Classic Chicken and Rice Soup is ranking high, high on my list. Love the bowl too!

Shina says:

Your Green Chili Chicken and Lime soup is my all-time favorite. It’s just beyond amazing!

[...] Soups to Warm the Soul – It’s soup season and this post from Picky Palate has a whole bunch of soups that look perfectly warm and satisfying. [...]

Denise says:

First off I would like to say excellent blog!
    I had a quick question which I’d like to ask if you don’t mind.
    I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your head prior to writing.

I have had trouble clearing my mind in getting my
    thoughts out there. I do enjoy writing however it just seems like the first 10 to
    15 minutes tend to be lost simply just trying to figure out how
    to begin. Any recommendations or tips? Many thanks!

Larhonda says:

Its such as you learn my thoughts! You seem to know so much about
    this, like you wrote the e-book in it or something.
    I think that you could do with some % to pressure
    the message house a bit, but instead of that, this is magnificent blog.
    A great read. I’ll certainly be back.

[...] I’ll be the first to admit that I have no problem sipping soup all year long.  Even while I’m sweating through the summer.  However there is something so wonderful about enjoying a bowl of soup in the winter.  It warms you right up.  I’ve put together a round-up of my favorite Picky Palate soups for you to enjoy Read the rest of Soups to Warm the Soul [...]