I think it’s obvious I like making different variations of sheet cakes. I’ve done this ONE, this ONE and this ONE, lol! I’m happy to add one more to that tasty list that I call my Banana Chocolate Chip Sheet Cake with Sweet Maple Icing. Um….it’s fabulous. It was so good I had to get it out of my house immediately, because I couldn’t stop munching on it every time I passed by the kitchen.
Yah, yah, yah, I start with a cake mix. I know some people are anti-mix, but I happen to be all for it from time to time. There are times when you need a great recipe in a pinch and they come in awfully handy for those times.
Let’s take a look 🙂
Here’s a look at most of your ingredients. There should be a bag of powdered sugar in the picture.
Grab your favorite mixing bowl and start by adding your cake mix.
Add a lovely egg.
Some very softened butter and 3 large mashed bananas.
Mix her up.
Add in your favorite chocolate chips.
Transfer to a 1/2 sheet baking sheet. I like to line mine with a silpat liner but parchment paper works too.
Spread evenly, just about to the edges.
There we go! Time to bake.
Gently golden and baked to perfection.
While the cake is cooling, work on the frosting. Super simple….powdered sugar, heavy cream and maple syrup. It’s finger licking amazing.
Time for the cake 🙂
Spread ever so evenly.
I had some cute white sprinkle balls in the pantry I thought looked fabulous on the white icing.
Banana Chocolate Chip Sheet Cake with Sweet Maple Icing
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 stick/1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large over ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup white sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line 1/2 sheet baking pan with a silpat liner or parchment paper, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place cake mix, egg, butter and mashed bananas into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine then stir in chocolate chips. Transfer batter to prepared baking sheet and spread evenly almost to edges. Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until baked through. Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Place powdered sugar, cream and syrup into a large bowl, whisk until smooth and desired consistency. You may add additional cream and or syrup to thin out more if needed. Spread over cake evenly and top with sprinkles if desired. Cut into squares and serve.
Makes 16 Servings