Dulce de Leche Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup prepared dulce de leche
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 medium over ripe bananas
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add mashed bananas, dulce de leche, vanilla and egg. Mix to combine. Add flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips. Mix to combine.
- Fill muffin liners 3/4 full with batter and bake for 18-22 minutes or until baked through. Let cool for 15 minutes and enjoy.
Makes 12-14 Servings