Creamy Dijon Chicken and Thyme Pasta Bake
- 1 pound dry elbow pasta
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 cup finely diced red pepper
- 1 cup finely diced white onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh finely chopped thyme leaves
- 2 medium cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup Shirley J Whisk Bliss Original
- 3 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 4 tablespooons freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place trimmed asparagus onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes them remove from oven. Once cooled, chop into 1 inch pieces.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain under cold water then transfer to a 5 quart dutch oven or large pot.
- Heat olive oil into a large 3 quart skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini, red pepper, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir for 5 minutes until slightly softened. Add parsley and thyme, stirring to combine. Add chopped asparagus and stir. Add shredded chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Boil water and whisk in Shirley J Whisk Bliss. Stir and bring back to a boil until thick and creamy. Reduce heat to low and stir in Dijon mustard. Pour Dijon sauce over cooked pasta then add in cooked vegetables. Stir to combine then transfer to prepared baking dish. Top evenly with Parmesan Cheese and bake for 25 minutes until slightly golden. Remove from oven and serve.
Makes 8 Servings
This is a sponsored post for Shirley J however thoughts and opinions are my own.
To enter, see the Rafflecopter widget below. The Winner will receive a $400 Williams Sonoma Gift Card to use towards (if desired) the fabulous 5 Quart Le Creuset Dutch Oven that I used to prepare the dish along with a 9×13 inch Emile Henry baking dish that I used as well. We are also giving away a $100 gift card to Shirley J for you to try out their 20+ other products!