You know those Cadbury Eggs you pass down the Easter isle of your grocery store and they seem to be calling your name? Well this happened to me last week, lol!
These simple cookie cake bars are absolutely sinful and perfect to perk up anyone’s day. Chopped Cadbury Eggs and mini chips throughout buttery cookie cake bars. It’s a win win if you ask me!
It’s a lovely sight, isn’t it? I don’t know if these remind me of being a kid or what, but I love them!
Simple simple….add your cake mix and very softened butter to a large bowl.
Add an egg.
I had such pretty light this day. Love this shot 🙂
Add a few tablespoons of canola oil.
Some mini chocolate chips!
Now the fun part. Slice open those Cadbury Eggs! I remember asking my mom as a little girl if these were real live chocolate eggs 🙂
Transfer your dough to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
Make sure you don’t mix your Cadbury Eggs too much. You want the ooey gooey centers just barely mixed in like this.
The hardest part of the recipe is waiting the 30 minutes to cut them into squares!
The gooey Cadbury centers give the bars an almost marshmallow-y consistency. You’ll love these.
Cadbury Egg Cookie Cake Bars
- 1 stick/1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 5 Cadbury Eggs, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9×13 inch baking dish with foil that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place butter, cake mix, egg, oil and chocolate chips into a large mixing bowl, stirring to combine into dough. Gently stir in chopped Cadbury Eggs to combine. Transfer dough to prepared baking dish and press evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes until baked through. Let cool for 30 minutes before cutting into squares. Serve and enjoy!
Makes 12-16 bars
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.