Quinoa and Brown Rice Black Bean Fiesta Bowl
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup Dijon or brown mustard
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon (of each of the following) celery seed, smoked paprika, curry powder, garlic salt, salt and pepper
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained
- 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 2 cups quartered and sliced cucumber
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup mild thin salsa (not pico de gallo)
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl. Cook brown rice according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Place mustard, yogurt, water and worcestershire sauce into a small saucepan over medium low heat. Stir until warm. Remove from heat.
- Place celery seed, paprika, curry powder, garlic salt, salt and pepper into a small bowl, stir to combine.
- In each serving bowl layer the following: brown rice, quinoa, a few spoonfuls of mustard sauce, black beans, cucumber, tomato, a few spoonfuls of salsa, cabbage, a few pinches of seasoning and diced avocado. I like to stir my bowl all together to mix in the sauce and seasonings. You may find you enjoy more sauce and or seasonings in your bowl. Add what you like. I also prefer my bowl slightly warm.
Makes 6 Servings
Note: Instead of the seasonings that I have listed you can replace it with the spice blend “Accent” also known as “spike” I just did not have it so created something similar in my recipe.