Remember eating spaghettios as a kid? I do! I have to say I don’t love them now as an adult, but I do love my “Cheesy Grown Up SpaghettiOs I’ve made for you today.
Growing up, I remember and my dad making a bowl of pasta, then adding butter and tomato sauce (with lots of black pepper) for lunch on a number of occasions. It is the simplest of ingredients and for some reason is so good!
I re-created that lunch I remember him making so many times as a kid with a few little additions of my own. The family will go nuts over this recipe. My kids even polished off all of the leftovers throughout the week.
Hope you enjoy!
Here’s your simple ingredient list. I used Ditalini shaped pasta, it looks similar to the traditional spaghettio shape.
Time to cook the pasta!
Once your pasta is cooked, make sure to rinse it under cold water. Keeps it nice and al dente.
Here’s the magical sauce inspired by my dad. Melt a stick of butter than add your tomato sauce. Can you handle the difficulty?
Add your cooked pasta back to the sauce.
Give a little stir and add some cooked shredded chicken.
Add a tablespoon of Ranch mix.
Top with some lovely shredded cheese then close with a lid to melt.
Yes! Cheesy and perfect. Now it’s time to eat.
Enjoy! ….I even added a few shakes of hot sauce to mine. Give that a try too.
Cheesy Grown Up SpaghettiOs
- 1 pound small circular pasta
- 1 stick/1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Three 15 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry Ranch Dressing seasoning packet
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions then drain under cold water to stop cooking.
- Melt butter into a large dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Add tomato sauce, stirring to combine. Add your cooked pasta to the sauce along with the shredded chicken, Ranch seasoning and black pepper. Stir to combine, reduce heat to medium low.. Top with shredded cheese and close lid to melt cheese for 3-5 minutes. Once cheese is melted, serve.
Makes 8-10 Servings