I’ve been teasing you with my Perfect M and M cookies for over a week now on Instagram. I had to re-test them to make sure they were just perfect for you! …..well they are, so I’m hoping it’ll be worth the wait.
So, what defines a perfect cookie to you? It’s quite different for everyone I imagine. For me, the cookie has to be soft but crispy around the edges with just the right texture. Also, they must not be flat. This cookie that I’ve developed has all of those things which is why this post is called How To Make Perfect M and M Cookies
Wanna know the secret to creating the lovely texture and shape to these cookies?!!
Here’s the secret. I added 3 tablespoons of instant vanilla pudding powder to my dough. You’ll get perfectly fluffy, chewy and bakery style cookies every time.
Let’s take a look at my recipe!
Butter and sugars please!
Egg and vanilla.
Flour, salt and baking soda please
Magical ingredient, the vanilla pudding mix.
Give a nice stir and get ready to add the fun stuff.
Oh yah! Lately I’ve been using Mini Chocolate Chips for my cookies. Regular size works too, whatever floats your boat. I do recommend using the mini M and M’s though. They can be tricky to find. These were bought at Walmart and Frys in Mesa, AZ.
For the love of chocolate chips.
Be still my mini M and M heart.
My kind of dough.
Do not press the cookie dough before baking. Leave just like this. UPDATE: If your cookies don’t flatten after baking as my photo shows below, try pressing the cookie dough to about a 1/2″ thickness before you bake.
This is how they’ll come out. Perfect! Enjoy friends!
How To Make Perfect M and M Cookies
- 1 stick/1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 3 tablespoons Instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 or 1-1/2 cups Mini M and M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl cream your butter and sugars until well combined. Add your egg and vanilla mixing to combine. Add your flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt, stirring to combine. Add chips and m and m’s stirring to combine.
- With a medium cookie scoop, place dough 1 inch apart from each other. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cooked through. Let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Enjoy!
Makes 2 dozen cookies