Jun
2013

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons

Tags: ,

Cookies

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons by Picky Palate

Let the cereal macaron baking continue!  If you haven’t braved making macarons yet, might I tempt you with my newest macaron called Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons!

These are cinnamon sugary delicious with bits of Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal througout the shell.  Start to finish, about 45 minutes.  No joke.  See my Cookies and Cream Macaron post for more details and full step by step photos.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons-1

Your simple line up…almond meal/flour, egg whites, powdered sugar, granulated sugar and ground Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal.  Each of these ingredients have to be measured with a food scale.  That is one step that can not be left out.  You can find yourself a food scale at any kitchen type store for about $30.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons-3

Let’s start by beating the egg whites, shall we?

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons-4

Add your granulated sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.  Takes close to 5 minutes on high.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons-10

Ahh, there we go :)  Set this aside for a couple minutes.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons-5

Give your cereal, powdered sugar and almond meal/flour a good stir to get ready to be sifted.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons-7

I run my mixture through a fine sieve like this, but a traditional sifter would be much faster.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons-8

Put my son to work running the ingredients through :)

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons-9

You’ll get light and airy sifted ingredients like so.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons-11

Time to fold in your egg whites.  Fold gently until combined.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons-13

You will transfer the macaron batter into a piping bag with a large round pastry tip.  See my post HERE for full photos.  Pipe rounds onto your parchment paper and you are ready to bake!

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons-14

You’ll find these little beauties waiting for you when you pull them out of the oven.  Lovely little “feet” around the edges.  While they are cooling, prepare your buttercream and you are ready to enjoy!

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons-17t

Come to mama!

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons-19t

Wait until you try my Cinnamon Sugar Buttercream.  Be prepared to lick the bowl clean.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons-16t

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons.  Love!!

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons-20t

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons by Picky Palate Ingredients

• 95 grams egg whites (close to 3 large egg whites)
  • 65 grams almond meal/flour
  • 200 grams powdered sugar
  • 25 grams granulated sugar
  • 45 grams finely ground up Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal

Cinnamon Sugar Buttercream

• 1 stick softened unsalted butter
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cimmanon
  • 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 280 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Weigh your egg whites, almond flour, powdered sugar, granulated sugar and ground Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal on your food scale.
  2. In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment add your weighed out egg whites, and sugar beating on medium speed. Beat on medium-high until stiff peaks form. Takes close to 5 minutes. See pictures for visuals. Set aside for a couple minutes.
  3. Place the powdered sugar, almond flour and cereal into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Place in a sifter or fine sieve and sift until all dry ingredients have passed through. Gently fold in the egg whites to the dry ingredients, mixing only until just combined.
  4. Place batter into a large pastry bag with a large round tip attached. Pipe rounds, about 1/2 inch apart onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Give a good tap or two of the pan to remove any bubbles.
  5. Bake macarons for 22-25 minutes. You’ll see a shell on top with “feet” around the edges. Let cool completely before removing. Once cooled, take an offset spatula to loosen from parchment. Pair the macarons close in size to each other to prepare for filling.
  6. To prepare buttercream, beat softened butter and powdered sugar until creamy and smooth. Add cinnamon and brown sugar to the frosting, beating until combined. Place buttercream into a medium pastry bag with a large round tip attached and pipe a dollop of frosting on the center of a macaron and top with a second macaron. Serve room temperature. Store any remaining macarons in the refrigerator.

Makes 22-24 macarons

Please note that all ovens are very different. These tips and instructions are a reflection from my kitchen and my oven. Play around with my tips but baking time may vary depending on individual oven temps. Good luck and have fun!!

Comments

Jenny they are gorgeous and so creative! I love Cinn Toast Crunch cereal and have made smoothies with it, but wow, you have me way beat! And the Cinnamon Sugar Buttercream – yes, I’d be licking the bowl! I can’t believe you have only been making macarons for like…a month! You are a total pro!!

Ali B. says:

Well, the way you describe making macarons, it doesn’t seem that hard. Thanks!

Tieghan says:

Oh mu gosh! Jenny, these are awesome! we love cinnamon toast crunch! What a fun a creative idea!

Wow! You are so creative with these cereal recipes, Jenny! Love the cinnamon buttercream – don’t think I would be able to resist! :)

Nikki says:

I loved Cinnamon Toast Crunch as a kid. I never thought to make it into macarons. How creative!

Josh’s favorite treat cereal, he will love these!

These are probably my favorite macarons yet! Cinnamon Toast Crunch is awesome! I’m imagining the familiar flavor in this sophisticated dessert.

I have never made Macarons in my life because I thought they were so tricky to make, then I looked at your walk through and you made it so easy! There’s hope I think!

carrian says:

you are killing me here! I secretly cannot stopping snacking on that stuff if it’s i the house!

These have GOT to be the most perfect macarons EVER!!!!

Oh my goodness — these are too fun! I still have never attempted making macarons, but you make it sound do-able. May totally have to give these a try when I gear up my courage. Cinnamon Toast Crunch is the best!!

you’re a macaron queen now!! you’ve totally mastered it. i wish i could!! i love the cinnamon toast crunch idea!!

These look amazing Jenny! Would you believe I’ve never made macarons?

Another winner, Jenny! Yo are so amazing!

oh wow! I’m so afraid to try and make macarons! But you make it look so easy! I’m going to have to get a scale

Sues says:

You are out of control with the macarons lately!! In a really, really good way!

More breakfast macarons! I love it!

I love it! Cinnamon Toast Crunch was my favorite as a kid. These look great!

You are so good at these cookies!! I have to get in the kitchen and give them another try!

I lovelovelove that you put your simplified, approachable spin on macarons! I’ve made them successfully before, but they’re still an intimidating little cookie! Your recipes always make things seem more approachable, so I think I’ll be giving these a shot! Love!

Lori,
    I’ve seen macarons on many blogs but you are definitely making me want to try making them. Yours look perfect and delicious.
    Annamaria

marla says:

Jenny, thee macarons look perfect!

Love this! Ever since I saw The Novice Chef’s fruit pebble macarons I’ve been meaning to try another cereal. Glad to see it does work with others! Need to try these now.

These look great Jenny!!! Little Buddy would LOVE!!!

You are really making me want to make macarons again! These look seriously amazing

After seeing all of these macarons that you are making, I seriously need to give it a shot!

Get it girl! These look fab and keep them coming.

Janelle says:

I love your thread, always read and use it. Change your ‘measurements’ back or lose ’1′ loyal individual.

nessa says:

So creative! You should do fruity pebbles next :-)

Jamie says:

How cute! Reminds me of when I was a kid and had cereal for dessert… but I’d pick these macarons over the real thing any day!

I love how you make making macarons so easy! I need to get over my fear. This is such a great idea too!

danielle says:

I love how many creative ideas you have had with macarons! I made chocolate and pistacio macarons for the first time this easter and have been wanting to come up with more flavors, but you always hear how tricky it is so I was a little afraid to mess with my recipe. Now I know I can change it and make whatever I want! So yummy, thanks for the ideas! Choc. pistacio was amazing if you ever want to try a different one, although you still have a lot of the cereal aisle to work through :)

these look so perfect…perfect little treats…for breakfast right ;-)

These are gorgeous, love the buttercream!

You are amazing :) I love your cereal macarons! They are nice and easy and not daunting!!!

My mind is officialy blown. You just took my favorite cereal and made it a million times even more appealing! Great recipe, Jenny!

Camy says:

hi jenny!
    ive been following you for a while now and i love your site! i love all your cookie recipes ive made most of them lol and they are always a hit! I’m an aspiring baker,im actually trying to open shop :) ive done this flavor before and its one of my husbands fav flaves out of all the macs ive made. you should try fruity pebbles, thats always one of my most requested :D anyways hope to meet you one day. <3 take care.

Camy says:

hi jenny!
    ive been following you for a while now and i love your site! i love all your cookie recipes ive made most of them lol and they are always a hit! I’m an aspiring baker,im actually trying to open shop ive done this flavor before and its one of my husbands fav flaves out of all the macs ive made. you should try fruity pebbles, thats always one of my most requested anyways hope to meet you one day. <3 take care. please check out my IG if you can- camy_sm -

naomi says:

Loving all these cereal macarons from you, Jenny

[...] Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons by Picky Palate. We had some great macarons from Bouchon Bakery a couple weeks ago in Vegas. I still haven’t tried to make macarons myself, but I am thinking it is time to try. [...]

[…] of macarons, ever since my first disaster with them. I still need some work on them, but Picky Palate makes the process so much easier with her detailed step-by-step […]

vicky says:

Hey how many times do you fold in the egg whites with the dry ingredients??