Salted Brown Butter Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 2 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon fleur de sel sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Place butter into a small saucepan over medium heat. Swirl and heat until deep golden brown. Remove heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Place browned butter and little bits from the pan into a stand mixer along with the brown and granulated sugar. Beat to combine then add egg and vanilla beating to combine. Add ap flour, cake flour, pudding mix, baking soda, corn starch, salt and chocolate chips. Mix on low until just combined.
- With a medium cookie scoop, place dough onto prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Sprinkle each cookie with a pinch of fleur de sel sea salt and bake for 10 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Serve and enjoy.
Makes 2 dozen cookies