- 95 grams egg whites (close to 3 large egg whites)
- 65 grams almond meal/flour
- 200 grams powdered sugar
- 25 grams granulated sugar
- 45 grams finely ground up Biscoff Cookies
- 1 stick softened unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Creamy Biscoff Spread
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 280 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Weigh your egg whites, almond flour, powdered sugar, granulated sugar and ground Biscoff Cookies on your food scale.
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment add your weighed out egg whites, and sugar beating on medium speed. Beat on medium-high until stiff peaks form. Takes close to 5 minutes. See pictures for visuals. Set aside for a couple minutes.
- Place the powdered sugar, almond flour and cookies into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Place in a sifter or fine sieve and sift until all dry ingredients have passed through. Gently fold in the egg whites to the dry ingredients, mixing only until just combined. See pictures for visuals
- Place batter into a large pastry bag with a large round tip attached. Pipe rounds, about 1/2 inch apart onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Give a good tap or two of the pan to remove any bubbles.
- Bake macarons for 22-25 minutes. You’ll see a shell on top with “feet” around the edges. Let cool completely before removing. Once cooled, take an offset spatula to loosen from parchment. Pair the macarons close in size to each other to prepare for filling.
- To prepare buttercream, beat softened butter, creamy Biscoff Spread and powdered sugar until creamy and smooth. Place buttercream into a medium pastry bag with a large round tip attached and pipe a dollop of frosting on the center of a macaron and top with a second macaron. Serve room temperature. Store any remaining macarons in the refrigerator.
Makes 22-24 macarons
Please note that all ovens are very different. These tips and instructions are a reflection from my kitchen and my oven. Play around with my tips but baking time may vary depending on individual oven temps. Good luck and have fun!!