Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Sep
2013

Chit Chat Fifteenth Edition

Chit Chat |

It’s Friday! Yay, welcome to another edition of my chit chat page, just a little bit of what’s been going on in the Picky Palate house :)

Pax 1 years old

Can I just say that there is no way that my Pax is a year old already.  How does 365 days go by in the blink of an eye?!  One year ago today I was sobbing endlessly praying Pax would get to come home from the NICCU.  If you haven’t read what happened when Pax was born, you can do so HERE.

There isn’t a day that goes by that I am grateful to have this little boy in our home!!  Love you Pax, now slow down the growing up ok?

First Day of School 2

School is back in session for my big boys.  We had the best summer.  I am so grateful to be their mom.  They fight like crazy but I know deep down they really love each other.

Pumpkin Spice M and M

I get so giddy when I see these bad boys at Target!!  Can’t wait to start my Fall baking!

WeeliciousLunches-548x620

My friend Catherine has a new cookbook, Weelicious Lunches.  Catherine is amazing and has the absolute best lunch ideas for the kids.  This is a must get.  Be sure to pick up your copy ASAP.  I have been using it since the boys got back to school.  So helpful!

Ultimate-Panini-Press-CV-490

So excited for my friend Kathy of Panini Happy.  Her cookbook The Ultimate Panini Press is out and it is fabulous.  I am a sucker for any panini.  You get more than 200 recipes in Kathy’s book! Pick up your copy today!

Nutella Cookies

A couple of Sundays ago, the boys and I decided we wanted to make some fun cookies.  I used my Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and substituted Nutella for the Oreos.  I highly recommend you try this.  They were sinfully delicious!

Disneyland

Pax got to meet Cinderella last week at Ariel’s Grotto, a fun lunch spot in Disney’s California Adventure. His face was so funny meeting the princesses, he was not amused…at all, lol!  Another shot of my boys and I playing at Disney over the summer.  Hope they always remember our Disney adventures :)

GrilledChickenVeggieBowls-Meal Prep-17

This is week two of our fitness challenge.  If you haven’t read about what we’re doing, you can click HERE.  I am so proud of myself, I never thought I would be able to limit my sweets the way I have been. I am down 4.5 pounds since last week.  Check out these healthy chicken veggie bowls my husband and I prepared so we have lunches to grab that are totally ready eat.  It’s been so great.

b4eb865214f611e3b53822000a1f96e6_7

I thought I’d leave you with Pax enjoying his first ever birthday cake.  He entertained us all as he enjoyed his first real taste of sugar, lol!  Go get em’ Pax!

Comments

Orla says:

My Nutella Pillow Cookies are my boyfriend’s favourite! He hates when I experiment he’s like “Just make the Nutella ones!” haha!

Pax so cute, gotta love cake! That one looks fab, did you bake it? :)

Thanks for sharing! I <3 ChitChat!

Aggie says:

Aww, love that pic of Pax & cake!!! So sweet. Happy 1 year!

Love the Flake family, have a great weekend Jenny :)

So proud of you for sticking with your fitness challenge! And your boys are simply adorable – love seeing Pax’s face when he met Cinderella! Too cute! :)

Such a precious, adorable family, Jenny! Can’t believe that Pax is already a year old. How does that happen!?!

Tieghan says:

Your family has got to be one of the cutest around! I love these post, so fun!

my favorite is the picture of Pax with the cake!!!

rachel says:

It’s so hard to concentrate on anything else you said with that cute Pax Cake Monster face ;-) LOVE <3

My kids love Nutella cookies ;)

Congratulations on the 4.5 lbs! More than anything, you'll be amazed how good you feel when you eat better :-) I love preparing and packaging healthy meals for quick grabs!

Happy Friday, darlin'!

Aww. Beautiful kiddos. Cake picture is priceless.
    Cookies look delicious. Too bad I just made the soft batch recipe last night. It would be wrong to bake cookies 2 days in a row, right?

Amy says:

Precious Pax!

And yay, you! 4.5 pounds is a lot!

Amanda says:

That Pax!! How adorable!! I am going to have to get those both books… so excited for Kathy!

Pax is too cute for words! Congrats on your challenge! Next time I need to join you:)

marla says:

Looks like a great week for you guys! Cannot believe how big the boys are getting :)

Glad I’m not the only one who becomes super excited by the holiday M&Ms. I better stock up!

OH MY GOSH – that first and last picture..totally tugging at my heartstrings and making my ovaries burst hahaha TMI?! but man, i cannot believe it’s been a year either!!! keep going on your challenge! go you!!

Ack! This is so adorable!! Happy Birthday Pax!! I can’t believe he’s 1. Sniff.

I remember your first post about baby Pax! Feels like it was just yesterday! He gets more precious by the day :)

Gaby says:

happy birthday pax!! and go you for 4.5 lbs!! that rocks lady!

Nicole says:

Pax’s arms……..I’m in LOVE!!

I need to get on board with your fitness challenge. The BF and I could stand to eat healthier and drop a few LB’s….

Have a great weekend!

A year old already! Man, how time flies. Hope you have a happy weekend!

So much cuteness in this post! I love that last picture of Pax eating cake!

Oh my gosh! Pax and his cake are sooo cute! And I love the make-ahead chicken veggie bowls! I am gluten free and so it’s hard to find things to pack for lunch… but will definitely be making those bowls! Have you ever thought of using quinoa instead of rice?

greenturtle8 says:

Oh MY ! Thank you for sharing your summer hapiness !
    Your little Pax is just adorable and that picture with the cake : so funny !