Sep
2013

Chocolate Pumpkin Spice M and M Cookies

Tags: , ,

Cookies

My Chocolate Pumpkin Spice M and M Cookies are a great way to kick off the upcoming pumpkin season!

Chocolate Pumpkin Spice M and M Cookies by Picky Palate

I was going to wait until later this month to kick off pumpkin everything, but I was so excited that I caved!  There is nothing quite like Fall Baking.  The house smells like a dream, the treats and food are pure comfort.

It all started when I found those darn Pumpkin Spice M and M’s at Target last week.  I couldn’t help myself so I made a fun batch of cookies with them.

Enjoy friends!

Chocolate Pumpkin Spice M and M Cookies-1

Here’s your line up of ingredients along with the Pumpkin Spice M and M’s.  Careful, they are addictive :)

Chocolate Pumpkin Spice M and M Cookies-4

Grab your favorite mixing bowl or stand mixer and start creaming your butter and sugars.

Chocolate Pumpkin Spice M and M Cookies-5

Time for the egg!

Chocolate Pumpkin Spice M and M Cookies-7

A lovely splash of vanilla.

Chocolate Pumpkin Spice M and M Cookies-13

A nice spoonful of Pumpkin.  It was so great seeing this again.  Can’t wait to make a zillion more pumpkin recipes!

Chocolate Pumpkin Spice M and M Cookies-9

Time for the dry ingredients.

Chocolate Pumpkin Spice M and M Cookies-10

A few tablespoons of pudding mix!

Chocolate Pumpkin Spice M and M Cookies-11

Cocoa powder time :)

Chocolate Pumpkin Spice M and M Cookies-12

Smells so lovely.

Chocolate Pumpkin Spice M and M Cookies-14

Oh baby, bring on the chocolate chunks.  Trader Joe’s has a great chocolate bar perfect for chunking into cookies.

Chocolate Pumpkin Spice M and M Cookies-15

Now this is perfection in my book, lol!

Chocolate Pumpkin Spice M and M Cookies-16

LOVE the green, orange and brown colors of the Pumpkin Spice M and M’s.  Fun and festive.

Chocolate Pumpkin Spice M and M Cookies-17

Pretty little M and M’s.

Chocolate Pumpkin Spice M and M Cookies-18

Almost ready to bake.

Chocolate Pumpkin Spice M and M Cookies-19

Press each cookie down about 1/2 inch thick then top with M and M’s.

Chocolate Pumpkin Spice M and M Cookies by Picky Palate

Love Love Love.  Grab a glass of milk and enjoy!

Chocolate Pumpkin Spice M and M Cookies by Picky Palate

• 3 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
  • 10 ounce bag Pumpkin Spice M and M’s

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
  2. In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream your butter and sugars until well combined. Add the egg, vanilla and pumpkin, mixing to combine. Add the flour, cocoa powder, pudding mix, baking soda and salt. Mix until dough starts coming together. Stir in chocolate chunks.
  3. With a medium cookie scoop, place dough onto prepared baking sheet 1 inch apart. Press cookies down to about 1/2 inch. Top with 4 Pumpkin Spice M and M’s. Bake for 11-13 minutes until baked through. Let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Serve and enjoy!

Makes 2 dozen cookies

This post contains affiliate links.

Comments

Jenny they look incredible and normally I dont see as many chocolate-pumpkin cookies so these are extra special. Pinned :)

Ginny says:

These look yummy! What would I need to adjust if I left out the pudding mix? I know it will impact the flavor and texture a bit, but I would prefer not to use it.

So much goodness in one cookie! Fun!

Madison says:

Love the combo of pumpkin and chocolate! Plus a little M&M action is always a good thing, right? :)

Ive been looking for these M&Ms everywhere! With good reason, it seems… these look so yummy!

Tieghan says:

Nothing beats fall baking! These guys looks awesome. Love those M&M’s!

carrian says:

holy yummy! I need to make a target run!

Love these Jenny! I am so excited for fall baking!

Wow! These look great! Love the Pumpkin Spice M&Ms!!

Jenna says:

Yum how festive!!!

They look great Jenny! Love that yours included pudding mix…I love how chewy that makes cookies!

Why again are you not feeding me these cookies for breakfast right now? Why?

perfect and great way to use pumpkin! love the m&m’s!

Mom 2 3 Boys says:

Do you add the M & M’s to the cookie mixture, or just top the cookies. In Step 2, the directions say add the M&M’s to the mixture, and then Step 3 say’s top with 4 each. Just trying to figure out how much would be added in step 2.

Heather says:

Which TJs bar is good for chunking?? :)

Lina says:

Jenny how much coco powder?

Deborah says:

Now I’m really not going to be able to resist those darn m&ms!

As soon as September hit I was read for Pumpkin everything! These look so good and totally fit into my Crave Everthing Pumpkin plan :)

Lynne says:

You mention cocoa powder – how much?

JAMES R. says:

OMG!!!!!!
    I think I died & went to cookie Heaven!!

I have never tasted such a delicious cookie! You must be an Angel or these cookies are illegal…anything this delicious has to be illegal or heaven sent! : D

Thank you for sharing this.

Love how festive these are for the fall!

Mmmmmm….I’ll take 57 of these delicious fall-tastic cookies!

Donna Howard says:

Can I just say that I love your blog and how you show the ingredients used! Yes, I am that lame that I need to see things!!!

marla says:

I am soooo into these fall cookies :)

I could eat these cookies all day long! Loving this pumpkin happiness in a cookie!

naomi says:

I love pumpkin season and your kick off for it!!

Gaby says:

2 of my favorite things in 1 cookie!!! Save some for meeeee

joan says:

Love, love, love your blog. I have made so many recipes from this site and this recipe intrigues me. I have a question about the M&Ms: Are they chocolate inside, with a pumpkin spice flavor, or are they more like the pumpkin spice kisses, with that orangey color? Do they taste artificial flavory?

I literally have a Target opening in my ‘hood tomorrow and I know what I am buying first!

Love it Jenny- I had a pumpkin baking bender last weekend!! These look wonderful!

Sues says:

Neeeed to get to Target so badly so I can get these M&Ms. The cookies look fabulous! I broke open my first can of pumpkin this weekend… couldn’t wait any longer! :)

Donna Howard says:

Just made my first batch!! Yum yum yum!! Although I have to say mine don’t look as nice as yours. I think something weird happened in the flattening the cookie before baking!! The dough is sort of sticky and stuck to the back of the spoon I was using. How did you do yours so nicely? Fortunately doesn’t bother the taste!!!
    donna

Valerie says:

Thanks for this recipe. I picked up the M&M’s on sale at target today and just pulled them out of the oven about a half hour ago. I decided to leave out the cocoa because I didn’t want it to mask the pumpkin taste. I just used 1 1/2 cups flour instead of 1 1/4 to make up for the missing cocoa. they turned out great! also, wanted to differ with you on the taste of the M&M’s… not that it’s a big deal, but I don’t think the M&M’s taste at all like pumpkin. They are just chocolate with a pumpkin pie spice flavor to them. (I think when they say pumpkin spice they are really referring to pumpkin pie spice, not pumpkin flavor.)

Valerie, thanks for sharing. Glad you enjoyed! And I agree with you on the pumpkin M&M’s. I think I explained it wrong in a previous comment. :)

Melissa says:

Do you use semi sweet chocolate or unsweetened for these cookies? Thanks!!

mile says:

I like the way you use chocolate. Combination of pumpkin and chocolate is delicious!

Kathryn says:

I looked for the Pumpkin Spice M&Ms at three different Target stores across two states- no luck! I ended up ordering them from Amazon. Looking forward to trying these later this week!

Amanda says:

Question on the amount of butter used…it just says one stick, but it looks like you have the smaller sticks of butter pictured, exactly how much butter is used?

[…] pumpkin cookies – Here’s yet another combination of two recipes (this one and this one) that turned out badly. Not only were these bland and too cake-y, like the pumpkin […]