Two Ingredient Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes
- 1 Chocolate cake mix of your choice
- 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
Pumpkin Spice Brown Butter Frosting
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 pound bag powdered sugar, plus 2 cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line 18 cupcake cups with liners.
- Beat cake mix and can of pumpkin puree in a stand mixer until well combined. Mixture will be thick. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full with cupcake batter and bake for 25-30 minutes until toothpick comes clean from center. Let cool completely.
- To prepare frosting, Place 2 sticks of butter into a small saucepan over medium low heat. Once butter is melted, swirl pan occasionally checking color. Once butter is browned, it will smell nutty and be a deep golden brown. Remove from heat and let cool completely to room temperature.
- Place remaining stick of softened butter into stand mixer, beating until creamy. Add brown sugar, beating to combine then slowly beat in browned butter until combined. Add pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and slowly add powdered sugar until thick and desired consistency. You can add tablespoons of milk to thin if desired.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to frost.
Makes 18 Servings
This post contains affiliate links