These Cherry and Cream Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars make the perfect treat to bring to family and friends.
I hoooope you can find some cherry chips in the baking section of your grocery store. They just made the BEST cookie bars ever.
Soft yet buttery crisp with the “cherries and cream” flavors going on. Wrap these bars up in a cute bakery box, wrap with twine and surprise your friends with a fun festive treat.
I found these Cherry Flavored Baking Morsels at one of my local grocery stores here in CA. I know they can be tricky to find. Keep your eyes open for them, they make such a festive cookie! If you can’t find them, you can always substitute your favorite chocolate chip in it’s place.
Add your egg and vanilla.
Dry ingredients up next.
Some lovely white chips for the “cream” part of the cookie
Add those cherry chips! How gorgeous are they?!
Give a nice mix. Almost ready to bake!
Transfer your dough to a 8×8 inch baking pan lined with parchment paper.
Once cooled completely, cut into squares and try not to eat the entire batch yourself
Cherry and Cream Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 25-30 min | Total time: 45 min
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry flavored chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream your butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla mixing until well combined. Slowly add flour, baking soda, salt, white and cherry chips. Mix until just combined. Transfer dough to prepared baking pan, pressing evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and baked through. Let cool completely then cut into squares to serve.
Makes 12 Servings
This post contains affiliate links.