The Ultimate Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 30 min
- 1/2 cup plain Greek 2% yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (you can substitute vegetable or canola oil in it’s place)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree such as Libby’s
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2-3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line 24 cupcake cups with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the yogurt, coconut oil, eggs and vanilla until well combined. Stir in pumpkin and sugars, until combined. Stir in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, fill cupcake liners 3/4 way full of batter. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until baked through. Remove and let cool completely. To prepare drizzle, melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl or over a double boiler until smooth. Stir in coconut oil until shiny. Drizzle over each cooled cupcake before serving.
Makes 24 Servings