Double Chocolate Junior Mint and Chip Cookies
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 10 min | Total time: 30 min
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s 100% Dark Chocolate, unsweetened)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 4 ounce box Junior Mints
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla mixing to combine. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, mixing to combine. Stir in chocolate chips then smash in Junior Mints. All mints need to be completely smashed into the dough. Chill dough for a couple hours or overnight for best results.
- With medium cookie scoop, place dough 1 inch apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until baked through. Please note, if mints ooze out of cookies, use a plastic knife to form cookies back to round shape right out of the oven when hot. Let cool for 15 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Makes 2 dozen cookies
This post contains affiliate links