Brown Butter Soft Batch Style Gingersnaps
Prep time: 20 min | Cook time: 10 min | Total time: 30 min
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup softened or melted coconut oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar for rolling dough in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Place butter into a small saucepan over medium heat. Melt and cook/stir until browned. Takes a good 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Place cooled brown butter (ok if it’s still warm) into a stand mixer or large mixing bowl. Add coconut oil, brown sugar, molasses and egg, beating on medium until well combined. Slowly add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Mix until just combined. Dough will be thick. Roll heaping tablespoons of dough into granulated sugar and place onto prepared baking sheet. Place 1 inch apart to allow for spreading. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for at least 15 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Serve room temperature or chilled.
Makes 2 dozen cookies
This post contains affiliate links.