Gingerbread Baked Donuts with Gingersnap Icing
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 35 min Ingredients
- 3/4 cup Gold Medal All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, sugar, egg, and vanilla into a large mixing bowl. Pour in the buttermilk and molasses, stir to combine.
- Scoop batter into prepared donut pan (in batches if necessary). Bake for 15-20 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- To prepare icing, whisk powdered sugar and heavy cream a medium bowl mixing until smooth. Add more cream as needed to thin icing. Dip cooled doughnuts in icing, sprinkle with crushed gingersnap cookies and serve.
Makes 9-11 Doughnuts
This is a sponsored post for Gold Medal Flour but thoughts and opinions are my own.