Brown Butter Gingersnap Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars | Christmas Cookies
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total time: 45 min
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups Gold Medal all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 bag chocolate stars or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan and let cook/bubble until browned and golden. Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Place browned butter and sugars into a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Beat until combined then add eggs, molasses and vanilla, mixing until well combined. Slowly stir in Gold Medal all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, ginger and chocolate stars or chips. Stir until combined then transfer to prepared baking dish spreading evenly. Bake for 30-33 minutes, or until baked through. Let cool for 30-60 minutes before cutting into squares. Serve room temperature or chilled.
Makes 12-16 Servings
This is a sponsored post for Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are my own.