Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Chit Chat Holiday Edition

Chit Chat |

Lots has happened in the last month!  For starters we decided it was time to move our family back home….to Arizona.  We have lived in the Newport Beach, CA area for 5 great years.  Definitely a bittersweet move, but we are so excited to be back home with all of our extended family.

A couple days after we moved, it was Thanksgiving, woohoo!  Best time of year for sure.  Had a great time with our family.  Snuck a selfie with my sweetie pie Pax.

Before I left CA, my sweetest girlfriends gave me these cutest foodie ornaments for my Christmas Tree.  I am in love with them!

I might not be fully unpacked, but I got my tree up!  Priorities right?  :)

Ok, I was not expecting to fall in love with these, but whoa!!  They are crazy good.  I believe they are only sold in Target.  Find them.  ASAP!

My favorite cookie this time of year is by far my Brown Butter Soft Batch Style Gingernaps!  Make them for your family and friends!

Because I live with all boys, I found some funny Christmas Gift Ideas for you :)

Funny Christmas Gifts

1.  Crib Dribbler This is a gag gift that I saw in person at a family party.  Note that it  is just an empty box. What a hoot.  A little hamster drinker for the crib, lol!

2.  Ceramic nose pencil sharpener.  My boys would think this is so cool.

3.  Bacon Lip Balm.  It’s all about the bacon in my house.  I’m sure this would be a huge hit :)

4.  Muffin Top Baking Cups.  This might be my personal favorite!

5.  Chocolate Cupcake Key Topper.  Ok, I wanted this one, so it made my list, lol!

6.  Pick Your Nose Paper Cups.  We’ve actually had these and they are soo funny.  They come with a number of different “noses.”  Fun for parties and the kids.

7.  Inflatable Unicorn Hat.  If we had a cat, I would totally buy this!!  Crack up.

8.  Talk to the Hand Notes.  Love these!!

9.  Easiest Diet Kit.  Love this spoon with the hole in the middle and half of a fork :)

On that note….Have a great weekend!!

Congrats on the move! xo

marla says:

Congrats on the big move!! I bet you are all sooooo thrilled :)

Everything looks so fun and festive and congratulations on moving home- there is nothing like it :)

Congratulations on the move :) Love the pics!

Amanda says:

I made your soft batch gingersnaps the other night when we had our neighbors over for cookies and cocoa and they were a huge hit!! They wanted to take home all the leftovers! :) They had to fight me for them, lol!! 😉

That spoon and fork is so funny. LOVE all the foodie ornaments! I have a few of the same ones and they’re my favorite!

Congrats on your move and best of luck getting settled back in AZ, Jenny! How exciting! Plus… I think I might just need those muffin cups. Too funny!

Joyce says:

“Pick your nose” cups? Pun intended? Lol

Tieghan says:

Congrats on the move!!

Pamela says:

I’m so glad you had the opportunity to move back home.
    Family is so important and it’s great your children will grow up closer to everyone.
    You’ll have to post pics of your new “digs” and hopefully some of the beautiful
    scenery around Arizona.
    Pax is cute as a “bug’s ear” and I’ve really enjoyed watching him grow!
    Merry Christmas and many blessings in the new year!

I have got to find those chocolate chips! Super nom!

So glad you guys are home with a Christmas tree and everything! Wishing you the happiest of happy holidays!

Domanique says:

It makes me so sad that you wont be posting yummy eats in Cali, but seeing as we also live in AZ we look forward to your yummy AZ picks! Glad the tree went up first perfect priorities!

Congrats on the move, Jenny! It’s always great to be close to family. What hilarious Christmas present ideas!!!