Classic Chicken Noodle Soup with Roasted Vegetables
Prep time: 20 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total time: 1 hour
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 carrots, peeled, sliced
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3-4 cups other vegetables for roasting: cauliflower, brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1/4 lb fettucini pasta, broken into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Heat olive oil in large dutch oven over medium heat. Saute onion, cooking and stirring for 5 minutes to soften. Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute. Stir in cooked chicken, reduce heat to simmer and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment or a silpat liner. Arrange carrots, celery and any other vegetables you want to roast onto your baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season lightly with kosher salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender. Remove and transfer to soup.
- Increase heat to medium and add chicken broth, noodles, salt, pepper and brown mustard. Stir to combine. Increase to medium-high and let lightly boil for for 8 minutes, until pasta is al dente. Reduce heat to simmer. Before serving stir in fresh parsley.
Makes 6-8 Servings