Healthier Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 12 min | Total time: 27 min
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup lite brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup Gold Medal Flour’s white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper
- Place softened coconut oil into a large mixing bowl. Stir in sugars, beating until well combined. Add egg and vanilla, beating well. Add flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips, stirring until dough forms.
- Scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet placing 1 inch apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until slightly golden around the edges. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring. Serve and enjoy.
Makes 2 dozen Servings