My Skinny Tomato Soup with Cheesy Orzo takes a whole 10 minutes from start to finish. Treat yourself today!
I love making soup in the winter…well actually all year long 🙂 My soup is ready from start to finish in about 10 minutes.
The ultimate creamy tomato soup without the guilt. I used Greek Yogurt today for a light and fabulous soup. I topped each bowl of soup with a scoop of a simple cheesy orzo (don’t worry, it’s just a touch of cheese). Adds great texture to the soup.
Pretty simple line-up for you today. I didn’t add the seasonings here, but I figure you have those in the pantry 🙂
Break out your favorite blender and pour in your Fire Roasted Tomatoes.
Greek Yogurt, salt and pepper up next.
Just a touch of Lawry’s Garlic Salt.
Let’s get the 1/2 cup dry orzo ready.
You cook it just like any other pasta you are used to. Boil until al dente then drain 🙂
Transfer your cooked orzo to a bowl.
A touch of salt and pepper please.
Last but not least, a couple tablespoons of shredded cheese. Now, you can leave the cheese out, but….please don’t 🙂
Creamy, dreamy and pretty darn healthy 🙂
Skinny Tomato Soup with Cheesy Orzo
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 5 min | Total time: 10 min
- 15 ounce can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Lawry’s Garlic Salt
- 1/2 cup dry orzo
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Place tomatoes, yogurt, salt, pepper and garlic salt into a high powered blender. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in salt, pepper and cheese until melted.
- Pour soup into bowls and top with cheesy orzo.
Makes 2-4 Servings
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.