Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Jan
2014

Chit Chat Twentieth Edition

Happy Friday!  Twentieth edition of my Chit Chat page today.  Hope you enjoy this page as much as I do!

finalheader-8

My friends from Lunch Pails and Lipstick featured me on their blog this week.  Stop by to see my Q & A :)  These girls have a great blog full of style, tips, fitness and lifestyle.  Be sure to check them out!

Toned Up

So, I started watching this show on Bravo called Toned Up.  Has anyone watched it?!  It’s another reality style show based on these two friends who started a fitness YouTube Channel and Website that went viral.  I am hooked!  They both have about the most perfect bodies ever.  I need to start doing their videos, STAT :)

I have definitely learned that no matter how much I workout, until I COMPLETELY change my diet, I will not get the body I want, lol!  As a lover of food and food blogger, I believe I am history in that department. I will however try my hardest to prove that theory wrong, lol!

scandal_2012_624x351

So, I also started watching Scandal on Netflix about a month ago.  Bad idea…..because I can’t stop watching.  It’s completely insane, but I am hooked.  Olivia Pope is ridiculously stunning.  Please tell me I’m not the only one helplessly hooked on this show?!  I’m not even to season 3 yet!!  I also heard from my friends of “That’s What We Said” that Scott Foley is on the show now!  Cannot wait for that :)

Cookie Dough Oreos

Did you see this on my Instagram yesterday?!  New Oreo Flavors!  Cookie Dough and Marshmallow Crispy.  Coming soon in February!  I’ll just say that both are soooo good :)  The Cookie Dough one has my heart though!!

6cd31f59281fa3480d6be3848fa60f5d

Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite Holidays.   It’s hard to resist buying Valentine decor everywhere I go, Target has such cute stuff right now as does Hobby Lobby.  Yikes, keep me out, lol!  Loving these Homemade Valentine Cards I saw on Pinterest.  Maybe a Sunday project :)  Loving these free Gold Valentine’s Day Printables from Classy Clutter too!

DoTERRA Lemon oil

I am still totally obsessed with my Doterra Oils.  I was skeptical for a while, but I have seen them work so many times for my family.  Colds, respiratory issues, headaches, you name it, there’s an oil for it.  If you haven’t looked into them before, it’s worth checking out.

My husband and I have been enjoying Lemon water and look at all of the amazing benefits!  Awesome!  I add a few drops to my water bottles and it tastes good too.

Kate Spade

Kate Spade always has the cutest EVERYTHING.  I kind of died when I saw this Ice Cream Cone Clutch.  So sad that $400 is out of my budget, lol!

499db5aeee019cb8e633f31f104ab662

I am speechless over this recipe from Slow Roasted Italian.  Need…want…now :)

Cherry-and-Cream-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-Bars

Might I suggest my Cherry and Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies Bars for Valentine’s Day!!

Have a great weekend!

Comments

Essential oils are so healing and they DO work! And I just got those 2 Oreos in the mail today. I haven’t cracked the seals…yes :)

Have a great weekend, Jenny!

Amy says:

So many new-to-me things to go check out! Especially that oil. Thank you for sharing!

TidyMom says:

oh I drank the Scandal juice back during the holidays!! We had to buy season 3 on Amazon and finished it up on New Years Day —I feel SO lost with out it. Feb can’t get here soon enough. So I’ve now started on Dexter, currently in season 3

Aren’t those Oreos fabulous!!!

Have a great weekend jenny!

JulieD says:

I’m obsessed with Scandal too!!!!!!! Been watching it since the beginning. I’m going to check those oils out!

Those pretzel bombs look so good!

Rachel Cooks says:

Fun post! Watching Tone It Up makes me feel badly about my (lack of) abs. lol

Rachel Cooks says:

Toned Up, I mean. Where’s my coffee? Yeesh.

Oh I miss you so! That clutch is on my list… it’s SO pricey! Love it though! Maybe we need a shopping trip ;)
    Also, those Oreos are crazy! The Marshmallow Crispy ones have my heart. Also Scandal…just you wait until season 3! xoxo

Girl!! I stayed up until midnight last night watching. I am almost to Season 3, this is getting ridiculous! Dying over Scott Foley and Mr. President!! Total craziness…but I love it :)

Molly says:

I’m pretty sure Oreo got the cookie dough idea from you! Happy Friday, Jenny!

Being a food blogger and lover, I hear ya on the eating well part but ever since going to pure barre, I have definitely noticed that i watch what i eat more because i want to be fit and tone and get my monies worth from the workouts! you can do it jenny!!

OMGGGG SCANDAL. I got hooked on it and now i’m all caught up and have been waiting for over a month for it to come back. and it’s still got one more month before it comes back..february 27th. seriously, longest break EVER. The characters in the show are just amazingggg..my husband and I, every day when we go into work in DC, we feel like we’re on scandal and pretend that olivia and fitz are really the ones in the white house, LOL ;)

Are you loving Pure Barre?! I did Bar Method in CA before we moved and it was AWESOME! There’s not one close to me in AZ, bummer! They work you big time! Good to know about Feb 27th! I will be sure to get caught up :)

I eat healthy…and then I bake cookies. They get me every time:) I will have to watch Scandal. I’ve seen a few episodes, but I need to start at the beginning!

That’s how I feel Maria! I’ll do good but then part of the job is making delicious treats! Guess I’ll just keep working out harder, lol! xo

Thank you so much for the feature! My husband emailed me the link this morning and I was just tickled to see it. We love essential oils. Headaches for sure. Have you tried oil of oregano? There are so many applications there is a book about it. Life changer!

We use oil of Oregano!! It got rid of my sinus infection and respiratory issue. I seriously love those oils, I feel like a little Dr :) Have a great weekend!!

I always love your chit chats.I feel you on the food blogger/great body calamity. It’s a vicious cycle for me!! How did your workout challenge ever go? Did you do a post on that that I missed??

I love reading your chit chats, it’s like a little bit of everything nice!

Gaby says:

Great picks! Oh how I want every thing Kate Spade has! Those pretzel bombs look amazing! Have a great weekend!!

Kristen says:

I got hooked on Scandal this past Summer. I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning because I just had to see what crazy stopped happened next. Kerry Washington is beautiful and I have the biggest crush now on Tony Goodwyn as a result. Hee hee!

Karen says:

Love your chit chat news. I am going to check into your oils. No worries about having a totally healthy diet. Love the body you have and life is too short to not have some “unhealthy” items. I maintain if you make it and bake it you know what is in it and that makes it healthier than the packaged items in the store. Even Jillian Michael’s has the 80/20 rule…for diet. Thank you for a great update.

I use DoTerra oils, too, and agree that they are great! I love the lemon, especially, too.

Have a great weekend!!

I haven’t tried lemon water yet, but I love putting a drop or two of the peppermint oil in water for peppermint water.

I just bought my first set of essential oils this week. Fun stuff! Made some coconut body butter with the orange essential oil for girls spa night. Ooh & aah. :)

I did see your Instagram photo for the Oreos. The cookie dough ones sound awesome!

Valentines Day is the best time to throw a party for the kids. It lets them know just how much I love them and it gives them something to look forward to in the dead of winter.

Tieghan says:

Headed to check out lunch pails and lipstick now. What acute name!!

And those cheesy pretzels!! Oh my gosh!

Love the oils too!

marla says:

So many fun things! I dig those homed V Day cards too!

Carley says:

I started Scandal last Thursday and I finished the two seasons on Netflix tonight. Now I just have to figure out how to watch season 3! I am completely obsessed!

Our kids got us hooked on Scandal. Almost done with the 3rd season and not sure what we will do then until the next one starts!

Hhhhmmm as a food blogger who has put on a few (ok more than that) pounds…I think I need to watch that show. Hopefully it motivates and doesn’t discourage me with their perfect bodies :-) I definitely need to search for those cookie dough Oreos…before I start watching exercise and fitness of course.

NiRosha K says:

The thumbnail pic for this post is some type of baked good smothered in chocoalte..and maybe brownie pieces? Could you tell me what recipe that is? Lol! Sidenote, I can blame you for my new obsession with the ice cream clutch.