Honey Whole Wheat Pizza Dough Recipe
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 15 min | Total time: 30 min
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups Gold Medal Flour’s White Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Lawry’s Garlic salt
- Place warm water, yeast and sugar into bowl of stand mixer. Make sure dough hook is attached to mixer. Gently stir water, yeast and sugar and let sit for 10 minutes.
- With mixer on low speed, slowly add flour, honey, olive oil, salt and garlic salt. Once dough starts to form, increase speed to medium. Mix for 3 minutes, until dough is well combined.
- With floured hands, transfer dough to a floured countertop. Knead with hands 3 or 4 times then roll into a ball. At this point you can refrigerate for 3 days, freeze up to 1 month or roll and bake now.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and roll dough into a 12 inch round. Spread with sauce and toppings of choice. Bake for 16-20 minutes until crust is baked through. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
Note: You can cut the dough into fourths and make four individual size pizzas as well. Bake for 12-16 minutes for the smaller pizzas. Dough can be frozen for 4 weeks as well.
Makes 8 Servings