My Brown Butter Cinnamon Sugar Cookie Bars will make anyone’s day a little brighter!
I fell in love. With these cookie bars!!! Brown butter, sweet cinnamon and sugar, oh my!! This dough was literally deadly. I kept going back for little tastes.
Now, you will need to find some cinnamon chips. I know some grocery stores sell them, but many don’t. Keep your eyes out for them. If you are not having any luck, I found some on Amazon you can order, and trust me they are worth every penny!
Here is your line up of ingredients. Left to right: eggs, brown and granulated sugar, cinnamon sugar, flour, cinnamon chips, vanilla and brown butter.
Here are the cinnamon chips I found. For any of you in AZ, I found these perfect mini cinnamon chips by GYGI at Shar’s Bosch Kitchen. Amazon has some available if you can’t find them in your stores.
Add your sugars and mix well.
Stir in your eggs.
Vanilla up next!
Slowly stir in your flour, salt and baking soda.
Cinnamon Chips! Love these! LOVING my “You are the bacon to my eggs” sign. How fun is that for the kitchen?!
Just wait until you sample this dough! Seriously to die for!
Transfer your dough to a 9×13 inch baking dish. I like to line it with parchment so I can remove it once cooled and easily cut into squares.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mix and time to bake. Nom Nom Nom 🙂
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Sugar Cookie Bars
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total time: 45 min
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Place butter into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Melt and cook until browned, swirling occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Transfer butter to a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Add sugar, mixing until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla, stirring well. Slowly add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and cinnamon chips, mixing until just combined. Transfer to prepared baking dish, pressing evenly. Place sugar and cinnamon into a small mixing bowl, stirring then sprinkling over top of pressed dough. Bake for 25-30 minutes until baked through. Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes then cut into square and serve.
Makes 12-16 Servings
This post contains affiliate links.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.