Brown Sugar Cinnamon Sugar Cookie Bars
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total time: 45 min
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Place butter into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Melt and cook until browned, swirling occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Transfer butter to a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Add sugar, mixing until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla, stirring well. Slowly add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and cinnamon chips, mixing until just combined. Transfer to prepared baking dish, pressing evenly. Place sugar and cinnamon into a small mixing bowl, stirring then sprinkling over top of pressed dough. Bake for 25-30 minutes until baked through. Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes then cut into square and serve.
Makes 12-16 Servings
This post contains affiliate links.