Mar
2014

Chit Chat Favorite Sweets and Eats in New York City

Chit Chat, New York City, Travel |

Happy Friday! Chit Chat day here at Picky Palate.

Favorite Sweets and Eats in NYC

I am on my way to NYC this weekend to meet one of my best traveling friends Amanda of Kevin and Amanda.  We have been traveling together for years and one of our favorites is definitely NYC!  Please be warned, my Instagram feed this weekend is going to have LOTS of food pictures and I mean lots.  If you are on a diet, you might want to unfollow me, lol!

I’ve put together some of my favorite places to eat while visiting this weekend.  I intend to eat every single one of these goodies, lol!  Can’t wait!

Levain Bakery Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie

Levain Bakery.  Quite possibly one of my favorite cookies on the planet is this warm chocolate peanut butter cookie.  Can’t wait to sink my teeth into it!!

Doughnut Plant

Doughnut Plant!  Heaven help me when I walk through these doors.  There’s no telling how many doughnuts I will order, lol!  That top one is a creme brûlée doughnut and there’s nothing like it.  Amazing to say the least :)

Bouchon Bakery

Photo via Amanda

Bouchon Bakery, Columbus Circle location is a classic and has the best macarons I’ve ever had.  The vanilla one is to die for!

Max Brenner

Max Brenner!  The best milkshake I’ve ever had.  Period.  It’s called the 80’s milkshake.  A must order.  Their breakfasts are over the top delicious too :)

Chelsea's Market NYC

Photo via Amanda

Chelsea Market is one of those places you could just move in and live in the walkways.  So many fun places to eat and shop.  Food Network Studios are here too.  A must visit.

Eleni's New York City

Inside Chelsea’s Market is Eleni’s Bakery.  A must visit in Chelsea’s Market for whimsical sugar cookies and irresistible cupcakes.

Serendipity 3 New York City

Serendipity 3 is a classic.  You don’t go to NYC without getting a Frozen Hot Chocolate from Serendipity.  I re-created the recipe, be sure to check it out HERE.

Magnolia's Bakery NYC

Magnolia Bakery has all kinds of delicious baked goods to choose from.  Famous for their banana pudding, and adorable store front, I can’t wait to go back :)

Crumbs Bake Shop

Photo via An Edible Mosaic

Another cupcake favorite for me is Crumbs Bake Shop.  Their Cookie Dough Cupcake is one of my very favorites!

Waffles and Dinges Food Truck

The Waffles and Dinges Food Truck is a must too!  Belgian crispy sweet waffles.  Mmm!

Artisinal Mac and Cheese NYC

Photo via Amanda

I know I’m talking mostly sweets, but a trip to NYC wouldn’t be complete without a visit to Artisinal Bistro for the best mac and cheese around.  Love!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!  I’m going to live by the motto that there’s no calories when on vacation, lol!  At least I’ll feel better :)

Comments

greenturtle8 says:

Have fun !!! And don’t mis a delicious bagel à Murray’s bagel !

Y’all have fun on the trip.

Amanda says:

Ahhhh!!! I’m at the airport!!! Can’t wait to see you and eat our way through NYC this weekend!!! :) See you soon!! :) xoxoxox

Look at all of the food! I so need to visit NYC

I want to goooooooo!!!! ;)

Eleni’s does have the cutest cookies!

You guys are awesome!! I love to see what you two get up to. Please eat a little extra for me and have so much fun!

Ahhh have so much fun you two!! I’m so jealous! xoxo

Kristen M. says:

I live by that very same motto when I am on vacation. Have a blast and enjoy every single bite!

Angie Bennett says:

Make sure you list where you eat your other meals. I’m going in about a week and need lots of suggestions. I’ve just followed you on instagram…Can’t wait to see what you post!

Gaby says:

Oh what fun you will have! Can’t wait to see all of the photos!!

Mmmm I live in NYC and you hit on almost all of my favorite places! great list! have fun!!

Alisa says:

Skip Magnolia’s cupcakes (but do go for the banana pudding). Definitely skip Crumbs’ cupcakes. Go to Buttercup Bake shop (midtown east). Highly recommend a lemon cupcake, or a regular vanilla.

Jenny,
    Have a great time. I’ll wave “Hi” from the northern suburbs.
    Annamaria

Tieghan says:

Have so much fun!!! What a great way to spend the weekend!

marla says:

Oh my goodness ~ take mw with you to NY now!!

Donna says:

Don’t forget to visit Dylan’s Candy Bar – right near Serendipity 3 – Love it there. Enjoy your trip (I’m a New Yawker – Brooklyn Born and Bred!)

I have always wanted to try Doughnut Plant and Crumbs. Have you ever been to Momofuku Milk Bar? It’s crazy good!

I think I need to plan a trip to NY very soon!

Alyssa says:

Levain Bakery and Waffles & Dinges are ammmmazing. Have you been to Sugar Sweet Sunshine Bakery? It’s near the Lower East Side and is delicious! Their Chocolate Peppermint cupcake is soooo good! Ooh! And if you’re looking for a killer slice try Prince St. Pizza and order a spicy pepperoni square. Best pizza in the city, was just there Friday for lunch. :-)

Lauren says:

I saw all your yummy instagram pics this weekend! Looks like you had a delicious blast :)

Oh I love going to NYC. So many good eats!

Well, I must say this blog post is right up my sweet tooth alley! Tons of fun and makes me even more eager to be NY bound!