Cheesy Green Chile and Bacon Buttermilk Biscuits
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 12 min | Total time: 22 min Ingredients
- 6 tablespoons Land O’Lakes® Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons mild diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup cooked, crumbled bacon pieces
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil, plus more for spreading
- 2 tablespoons milk diced green chiles
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Place butter in a medium heat proof mixing bowl and microwave until melted, about 60 seconds. Slowly whisk in buttermilk to combine.
- Place flour, baking powder, salt and garlic salt into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine then slowly fold in butter/buttermilk until just combined. Fold in cheese, bacon pieces and green chiles to combine as well.
- With a large cookie scoop or 1/3 measuring cup, place biscuit dough onto your prepared baking sheet at least 1 inch apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes until puffed and cooked through. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before handling.
- Place Land O Lakes Spreadable Butter with Canola Oil and green chiles into a medium mixing bowl. Stir until well combined then use for spreading on insides of warm split rolls.
Makes 10 Servings
More Land O Lakes® Recipes from my friends!
Jessica’s Rosemary Hasselback Potatoes
Sommer’s Savory Waffle Sandwiches
Joanne’s Chicken and Brie Grilled Cheese
Disclosure: Picky Palate has partnered with Land O Lakes for an exclusive endorsement of Land O Lakes® Butter for their Kitchen Conversation blogger program. This blog post is sponsored by Land O Lakes.