Loaded Turkey and Hummus Mediterranean Panini
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 10 min | Total time: 20 min
- 1 stick softened unsalted butter
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 6 tablespoons Sabra Classic Hummus
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced turkey breast
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 12 thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 cup sliced roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- 8 thinly sliced red onion rings
- Preheat grill pan or panini maker to medium heat. Spread butter on 1 side of 4 pieces of bread. On other side, spread a thin layer of hummus of each piece of bread. Place hummus spread sides up and layer on two of the four pieces of bread with slices of turkey, 2 slices of provolone,6 slices of cucumber, 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, 2 tablespoons feta cheese and 4 slices of red onions. Close with top pieces of bread with butter sides facing up.
- Place sandwich carefully into the hot grill pan buttered side down. Grill for about 3-5 minutes, until toasted and grilled on the bottom. Flip and grill for an additional 3-5 minutes. Place a heavy skillet bottom on top of sandwich to help press sandwich. Once grilled, remove and continue with second sandwich.
- Cut each sandwich in half and serve warm.
Makes 4 half sandwiches