Zesty Spanish Rice Chicken Soup
Prep time: 20 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total time: 50 min
- 2 cups uncooked rice of choice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 64 ounces reduced sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup Cholula Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Heat oil in large dutch oven over medium heat. Saute onions, carrots and garlic for 5-10 minutes, stirring often. Add rice, cumin, salt and pepper, stirring to combine. Stir in tomato sauce.
- Add chicken broth, hot sauce and cilantro, stirring. Simmer on low until ready to serve.
**NOTE: The rice soaks up the broth the longer it simmers, add more as needed.**
Makes 10-12 Servings
This is a sponsored post for Cholula however thoughts and opinion are my own.