Chicken Black Bean Taco Bake
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 30 min
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (I used rotisserie)
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 5 corn tortillas, cut into eighths
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place olive oil into a 12 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often until softened. Add chicken, beans, olives and cut up tortillas. Stir to combined.
- Place salsa and cream into a medium bowl and add to skillet, stirring to combine. Stir in cumin, salt and pepper. Top with shredded cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
Makes 6 Servings