Butterscotch Oatmeal Brown Butter Cookie Bars
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total time: 45 min
- 1 stick unsalted butter (equals 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt butter into a small skillet over medium heat. Let bubble and cook until browned bits form at the bottom of pan and butter turns golden brown. Transfer to a heat proof bowl and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Place browned butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar into a large bowl. Mix until well combined. Stir in egg and vanilla mixing well. Add flour, oats, salt, baking soda and butterscotch chips, mixing until just combined.
- Transfer dough to prepared baking pan. Press evenly and bake for 25-30 minutes, until baked through. Let cool completely then remove bars with parchment paper and cut into squares. Serve room temperature.
Makes 12 Servings