Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Appetizers and Sides
Sep
2014

Snacking with Ritz

Tags: , , , , , , ,

I’ve got three great Snacking with Ritz recipes for you today that will have the family jumping for joy 🙂

Snacking with Ritz

My boys come running through the door after school starving.  Apparently they rush so fast through their lunch so they can have more time to play at recess.  I put together some fun bite size snacks that the whole family will enjoy using Ritz Fresh Stack Crackers.

First up are these fun Pepperoni Pizza Stackers.   I layered pepperoni, sliced cheese sticks and a dollop of pizza sauce over Ritz Fresh Stack Everything Crackers with onion, poppyseed, garlic and sea salt.  The boys went nuts for these!

Snacking with Ritz

There’s just something about chocolate hazelnut spread that makes my whole family smile, especially my 9 year old.  I made these fun simple snacks with him in mind because I knew his face would light up when he saw them on the table.  I used the Ritz Fresh Stack Original variety and layered them with chocolate hazelnut spread and mini marshmallows.  Simple and fun!

Snacking with Ritz

Peanut butter with apples and honey take me back to my childhood.  My mom would slice up apples after school and have honeyed peanut butter ready for dipping.  I layered Ritz Fresh Stack Whole Wheat Crackers with peanut butter, thin apple slices and drizzled honey.  Such a perfect after school snack, all three of my boys wanted seconds 🙂

Snacking with Ritz

Peanut Butter Apple and Honey Stack

• 8 Ritz Fresh Stacks, Whole Wheat Variety
  • 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
  • 4 thin apple slices
  • 2 teaspoons honey
  • Directions

1. To prepare the Pepperoni Pizza Stackers place 4 crackers onto a serving plate and layer each with 2 slices of pepperoni. Top each with another cracker then layer with slices of cheese sticks. Add another cracker then top with a tablespoon of pizza sauce. Top with one more cracker and serve. Makes 4 servings
      2. To Prepare Chocolate Hazelnut Ritz S’mores Bites place 4 crackers onto a serving plate. Spread 1 tablespoon of hazelnut spread over each cracker than top with 5 mini marshmallows. Add one more cracker on top and serve. Makes 4 servings
      3. To prepare Peanut Butter Apple and Honey Stacks, place 4 crackers onto a serving plate. Spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter onto each cracker then top with an apple slice and drizzle with honey. Top with another cracker and serve. Makes 4 servings

Makes Each recipe makes 4 servings

This post is in partnership with Ritz however thoughts and opinions are my own.

FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.

Comments

Candy says:

What fun snacks to make with the kids. I’ll check for the Ritz Stacks next time I’m at the grocery store. Thanks for sharing.

Kim A. says:

Those S’mores Bites are totally calling my name! Gotta make those with my kids after school today.

Sara B. says:

Apples and peanut butter are my favorite combination. Great snack ideas.

Bev says:

I often have Ritz originals with pepperoni and a smear of Philadelphia garden veggie cream cheese for lunch! These three options all sound perfect too!

Andre says:

I like the peanut butter apple version!

Sues says:

I want all of these!! But especially the peanut butter ones 🙂

Oops:)
      I’m strangely addicted to Ritz. I buy them and poof they’re gone! We are going camping this weekend, I’m so trying Ritz s’mores. Yum! Salty sweet goodness.

These are so darn cute! I know my kids would go crazy for them. Great afternoon snack 🙂

these are the cutest after school snacks ever!!!

Love these snacks, Jenny! I think my boys would be right in there with yours. 😉

what fun and cute ideas!!!

You are the coolest mom!! I would have loved this as a kid growing up. Such a fun idea!

JulieD says:

Love these!! I’m going to make some for snacks this week. Thanks, Jenny! <3

naomi says:

I love how fun these are! And they are so fast and easy – perfect for an after school snack. My little guy is the same way, hardly eats his lunch because he wants more play time during recess.

Such great snack ideas, I can’t even pick a favorite. They are all so great!

Great Ritz snack recipes Jenny!

We LOVE Ritz crackers! They’re one of the few that are totally safe for my peanut-allergy stricken kids. Such great snack ideas!!

Great ideas, totally making these for after school!

Gaby says:

These are perfect for late night cravings!

Kristen says:

These are the cutest little nibblers ever. Love this recipe, Jenny.

What a fantastic idea!! My kids will LOVE these as an after school snack!!

My boys would go nuts for all three versions!!

The peperoni pizza sound great but those with peanut butter, apple and honey are my favourite. They are perfect for the fall season and I am glad that you shared this idea with us.

These are such awesome ways to enjoy ritz crackers!! 🙂 I can’t wait to make them all for my kids and I!

Alex says:

Should the pizza sause be warm before we put it on the cracker?

It looks so yummy~~ Thank you for sharing. I’ve never thought about a combination between pepperoni and marshmallow 🙂