It’s always a pleasure partnering with Thomas Breads to bring you new recipes! Today, I’ve developed the perfect back to school quick fix breakfast that the whole family is going to love.
Here are your ingredients to get started. You’ll use Thomas 100% Whole Wheat Bagels.
Use 2 whole Thomas Bagels, split and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
Slice one large apple.
Cut into little cubes and add to hot skillet with melted butter.
Add brown sugar and ground cinnamon.
Let apples cook for 2 minutes then add to bowl of cut bagels.
Pour in your buttermilk.
One large egg, a splash of vanilla and pinch of salt.
Spoon bagel mixture into muffin cups that have been sprayed with cooking spray.
Top each with pinches of oatmeal and brown sugar.
Ready to bake!
Soft apple cinnamon little bagel bites!
Love these! For more breakfast/brunch recipes see HERE.
Apple Cinnamon Bagel Bites
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 17 min | Total time: about 30 minutes min
- 2 whole Thomas Breads 100% Whole Wheat Bagels, split
- 1 large apple, cored and thinly chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, loosely packed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray 12 count muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Cut each bagel half into 1/2 inch pieces and place into large mixing bowl. Core and slice apple, cut into small pieces.
- Melt butter into medium skillet over medium heat. Add apples, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir and cook for 2 minutes then pour over cut bagels and stir to combine.
- Add buttermilk, egg, vanilla and salt to bowl, stir to combine. Spoon bagel mixture into muffin tins about 3/4 full. Sprinkle each with pinches of oatmeal and brown sugar. Bake for 15-17 minutes until set. Remove and let cool for 15 minutes before transferring. Serve room temperature.
Makes 12 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Thomas’ English Muffins. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.