This Chicken Ragout Dinner is the perfect dinner for the whole family packed with your favorite flavors.
Bringing back one of my favorite family dinner recipes from 2013. Pan fried chicken pieces simmered in flavorful red sauce with browned cubed potatoes. Serve with a loaf of crusty bread and salad then you are good to go!
Hope you enjoy this tasty blast from the past, I call it our Sunday dinner perfection! 🙂
After you brown your chicken pieces, brown your cubed potatoes with onion and garlic.
Add a large can of crushed tomatoes and give a good stir.
Nestle your chicken pieces right in the sauce and potatoes and bake partially covered for about an hour.
I like to serve this dinner right in the pan. This chicken is great served with spoonfuls of sauce or on top of cooked pasta.
Homemade Chicken Ragout
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 pieces chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 small russet potatoes, diced
- 1 cup finely diced white onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- Heat olive oil into 3 quart or larger sautee pan over medium high heat. Salt and pepper chicken pieces then carefully add them to hot pan. Brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer partially cooked chicken to a plate or some tin foil.
- With oil and browned bits still in pan, add diced potatoes, season lightly with salt and pepper then and onions, stirring until potatoes are browned and onions softened. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add crushed tomatoes, stirring to combine then add partially cooked chicken sitting in sauce and potatoes. Place in oven and bake for 50-60 minutes until chicken is tender and cooked through. Remove and serve.
Makes 4 Servings
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.