I love putting together appetizers for parties. We just had a birthday party for Pax and two of his cousins that were born within 2 weeks of each other. We had about 30 people over and did a bunch of appetizers and desserts. I put together this simple array of goodies, most of which I had right in my refrigerator and pantry.
For my tray today I used a bunch of grapes, my favorite Roasted Garlic Sabra Hummus, Gouda cheese slices I found at the grocery store, some gourmet popcorn I had in the pantry, Rosemary Truffle flavor, some sliced pepperoni’s I had in the fridge and some Triscuits I pulled from the pantry. The nice thing is, you can get really fancy or keep it simple with things you are likely to already have. See my directions below for ideas of a vegetable tray I had next to this one.
Keep in mind when you are putting together your own appetizer tray that you can use all kinds of things. Different fruits, vegetables, cheeses, nuts, meats, dips, hummus….it all works! Arrange your items in groups and voila, you’ve got yourself a gorgeous and simple appetizer!
Be sure to Pin the image below to save for later!
How To Make a Simple Appetizer Tray
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 0 min | Total time: 10 min
- 1 container Sabra Hummus
- 1 box crackers of your choice, I used Triscuits
- 1 bunch grapes
- slices cheese of your choice
- 1 cup or so almonds or other nut variety of your choice
- 1 cup or so sliced meats, I used pepperoni
- 2 cups or so popped popcorn, I used rosemary truffle
- Place hummus in center of serving tray. Arrange grapes, cheese, almonds, meats and popcorn around hummus. Serve.
- I had vegetables in a tray next to this one. Carrots, broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, grape or cherry tomatoes, sugar snap peas, peppers and olives look great in addition to this tray. Enjoy!
Makes 10-12 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Sabra Hummus. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.