Creamy BLT Ranch Tacos
Tags: bacon, dinner, quick and easy, quick fix meal, tacos, weeknight
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you new recipes for your family. I’ve developed this fun taco recipe that could not be more simple to prepare during those busy weeknights. All of your favorite BLT flavors wrapped up in a zesty taco with a tempting cheese sauce.
Hope you enjoy!
You won’t need many ingredients to get started. I used a coleslaw mix that had some cilantro included. You can use shredded iceburg lettuce if you’d like as well.
Wait until you try these zesty Ranch flavored taco shells from Old El Paso. My kids are nuts for them! Packed with flavor with the perfect crunch. Be sure to go find them in your grocery store and check out all of of their other great products .
Place your taco shells onto a large serving plate.
Prepare your cheese sauce. See directions for instructions.
Layer taco shells with cole slaw or lettuce, bacon slices, tomatoes and drizzle lightly with cheese sauce.
How fun are these tacos?!
Creamy BLT Ranch Tacos
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 5 min | Total time: 20 min
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4.5 ounces Old El Paso Green Chiles
- 1 pound bacon, crisped
- Old El Paso Bold Ranch Flavored Taco Shells
- 2 cups cole slaw mix
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Place butter into a small saucepan over medium heat. Once melted whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in cream whisking until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Add green chiles, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to simmer, stirring often.
- Cook bacon until crisped, cool to room temperature. Place taco shells onto serving plate. Fill with cole slaw, top with bacon slices, tomatoes and drizzle with cheese sauce. Serve immediately.
Makes 4-6 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.