These Gooey Oreo Strawberry Cake Bars are not only gorgeous but perfect for your upcoming parties or dessert night!
What a treat partnering with Pillsbury Baking today to bring you a new recipe! I’ve put together a pretty in pink cake bar that is about to knock your socks off. I love how Pillsbury boxed baking essentials help make any holiday or special occasion easier. I was challenged to make a Springtime theme recipe with some Pillsbury baking favorites and I had a blast.
Here are the ingredients I used for these pretty bars.
I chose to use the Pillsbury Strawberry Cake Mix and Strawberry Marshmallow Frost for my challenge.
I made a dough using the cake mix, softened butter and an egg.
Layer your cookies on the bottom of your baking dish.
Top with marshmallows and chocolate chips.
Drop pieces of the strawberry cake dough over top layer. Doesn’t have to be perfect. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
The marshmallows ooze through. Mmmm 🙂
Once the bars have cooled, spread with your frosting.
I cut off about 1/2 inch around all of the edges before cutting my squares. Personal preference. Do what you’d like. Just makes prettier squares.
You get these bright pretty pink bars. Love!!
Look at that cookie crust?! Your guests will love these.
Gooey Oreo Strawberry Cake Bars
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 40 min | Total time: 50 min
- 15.25 ounce box Pillsbury Strawberry Cake
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 25 cream filled cookies
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 15.6 ounce Strawberry Marshmallow Frost
- 1 cup crushed cream filled cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place cake mix, butter and egg into medium mixing bowl. Mix until dough forms. Place cookies into bottom of dish, top with marshmallows and chocolate chips. Top with pieces of strawberry cake dough evenly over the top. Bake for 35-40 minutes until baked through. When cool spread with frosting and sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Cut into squares and serve.
Makes 12-16 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Pillsbury Baking. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
PIN FOR LATER
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.