These Spicy Apple BBQ Grilled Chicken and Potatoes are the perfect simple weeknight summer dinner the whole family will enjoy.
It’s a pleasure partnering with KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix and Dry Rub to bring you a simple recipe quick enough to whip up on busy weeknights. I decided to make some BBQ grilled chicken with a little kick along with some pan fried BBQ red potatoes. Wait until you try this recipe for dinner. My boys really loved it. I used my handy indoor skillet pan and prepared this dinner in under 30 minutes.
Hope you enjoy!
For the chicken tenders, all you’ll need is KC Masterpiece’s BBQ Sauce Mix and Dry rub, some apple juice and 1 tablespoon of your favorite hot sauce. I used Sriracha to give it that little kick. I purchased all of my ingredients at Walmart and used the Original flavor today. They can be found in the condiment aisle, near the other KC Masterpiece BBQ sauces. Walmart makes it a breeze to create delicious meals for your upcoming Summer entertaining.
KC Masterpiece’s BBQ Sauce Mix and Dry Rubs are available in three flavors: Original, Sweet Honey, and Spicy Habanero. I really love that it makes it easy for you to customize your meal to taste just how you like it. Customize it with water, juice, soda, any other liquid of your choice or just use it as a dry rub.
I love that there’s two pouches inside the box that can be used as a BBQ sauce, dry rub or marinade. I actually used one as a BBQ sauce for the chicken and one as a rub/seasoning for my pan fried potatoes.
Since the potatoes take the most time to cook, start by heating the skillet to medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, add your potatoes and BBQ rub seasoning over top. Stir every couple minutes to make sure all sides get browned and cooked through.
To prepare the BBQ sauce for your chicken tenders I used apple juice for my liquid.
Add the pouch to the apple juice.
A nice tablespoon of your favorite hot sauce. I used Sriracha today.
Give a nice stir and voila! BBQ sauce 🙂
Place your chicken tenders into a large zip top bag and add the BBQ sauce. Close zip top and massage sauce over all pieces of chicken.
Preheat your grill pan or outside grill to medium high heat. Add your chicken tenders and grill for a few minutes each side.
Lovely grill marks.
Once your chicken and potatoes are finished cooking, place onto a large serving plate and serve warm.
We enjoyed this dinner family style. Everyone had their own plates and we just shared the chicken and potatoes with a lovely salad.
Those gorgeous golden brown BBQ Potatoes…mmmm 🙂 Enjoy!
Spicy Apple BBQ Grilled Chicken and Potatoes
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 30 min
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- 1 pouch KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix and Dry Rub
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix and Dry Rub
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place chicken tenders into a large zip top bag. Place apple juice into a medium mixing bowl. Whisk in BBQ rub and Sriracha until combined and becomes a BBQ sauce. Add to chicken, close bag and massage to coat chicken.
- Preheat grill pan to medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray then add chicken tenders in batches to grill both sides. The chicken tenders cook quickly, only take a few minutes each side. Remove and continue grilling until all chicken is grilled. Transfer to a large serving plate.
- To prepare potatoes, wash then quarter each baby potato. Heat oil in large 5 quart skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add potatoes, dry rub mix, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until golden brown and cooked through. Serve chicken and potatoes together on a large serving plate family style if desired.
Makes 8 Servings
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece. The opinions and text are all mine.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.