This Peanut Butter Layered Strawberry Shortcake could not be more gorgeous and the perfect cake for entertaining your guests!
With Memorial Day right around the corner, this beauty is the perfect cake to serve your guests for your upcoming gatherings. With flavors that everyone loves, you can’t go wrong with this one!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Fleischmann’s® Yeast today to bring you new recipes. I put a spin on the classic strawberry shortcake we all know and love. For a little wow factor, I made the shortcake with a nice hint of peanut butter and layered them between some sweet whipped cream. I love the addition of the chocolate curls on top too. A fun dessert all around that is simple to put together and worth baking a little extra so you can share the love (and the delicious results!)
You’ll use Fleischmann’s® ActiveDry Yeast for this recipe. If you don’t use yeast much when baking, don’t be intimated, it’s actually quite simple and fun. Fleischmann’s® Yeast can be used for a variety of everyday and seasonal recipes. Baking is always one of my favorite ways to show how much you care for someone!
Add your Fleischmann’s® ActiveDry Yeast to some warm water in your mixer bowl.
Sprinkle in a little sugar too.
You’ll add half of your flour and give a nice stir to combine.
Place the dough aside, cover loosely and let rise until it doubles in size.
When your dough is ready, cream the butter and sugar until light then add your vanilla.
Add the peanut butter next.
Mix in your eggs.
Add your dough into the bowl and give a gentle mix.
Pour evenly into two greased 8-inch cake pans. From here, you’ll cover and let rise for a good hour-hour and a half. You’ll then bake at 350 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes until baked through. Let cakes cool, remove from pans and layer onto your cake stand.
You’ll add a nice thick layer of sweetened whipped cream to the middle of your layered cakes and top with another dollop of whipped cream surrounded by sliced strawberries.
The peanut butter, whipped cream and strawberries work so nicely together. Your guests will be over the moon about it!
Be sure to cover loosely in the refrigerator until ready to serve. I would assemble the cake shortly before your guests arrive for best results.
Peanut Butter Layered Strawberry Shortcake
Prep time: 30 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total time: 2 hour 30 min including rise time
- 3/4 cup warm water (100 to 110 degrees F)
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s® Active Dry Yeast
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided use
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate curls or grated chocolate for garnish
- Place warm water in large warm bowl. Sprinkle in yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar; stir until yeast is dissolved. Add 1 cup flour; stir until smooth. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Using stand or electric mixer, beat butter and remaining sugar until light. Gradually add eggs, vanilla and salt, beating until well blended. Gradually add to yeast mixture with remaining flour, mixing well. Pour into 2 greased 8-inch round cake pans. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Bake at 350oF for 25 to 30 minutes or until done. Cool 5 minutes in pan; invert onto wire rack to cool. To serve, cut cake into wedges; top with strawberries and whipped cream.
Makes 2 8-inch shortcakes
Recipe inspired from Fresh Berry Shortcake via Breadworld.com
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Fleischmann’s® Active Dry Yeast. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.