Homemade S’mores Granola Bars
These Homemade S’mores Granola Bars are the perfect snack to satisfy that sweet tooth!
Partnering with Frigidaire Gallery® today to bring you a simple family friendly snack recipe that will have everyone smiling ear to ear. Oats, graham crackers, dark chocolate and marshmallow bits? Heaven 🙂
With just a few pantry staple ingredients, you’ll have these homemade granola bars ready in no time. S’mores is one of our very favorite dessert flavors so I knew they’d make a great granola bar.
Hope you enjoy this fun recipe that makes the perfect after school snack!
Here are the ingredients I used for my bars.
To start, you’ll toast your shredded coconut in the oven.
You’ll want to toast the coconut until golden brown.
Using my new Frigidaire Gallery® Double Wall Oven has been such a highlight in my kitchen. I have wanted a double oven ever since my love of cooking started. Talk about a dream! It has already saved me so much time.
Some of my favorite features so far are the quick preheat that takes just a few minutes, and the true convection option which circulates hot air throughout the oven for faster and more even baking. Really excited to test this out on my baking, cooking a whole chicken and our turkey dinner during the Holidays. I can steam clean the oven in 20 minutes and it’s chemical-free and odor-free. Plus the stainless steel is Smudge Proof™!
Add your oats to a large mixing bowl.
Add the crumbled graham crackers.
Add the cereal next 🙂
Marshmallow bits! You can find these at your grocery store either by all of the other marshmallows or by the ice cream toppings. You can also order them on Amazon. They’re so great in cookie and brownie recipes too.
Aren’t they cute?
Add your toasted coconut to the bowl.
Melt your butter into a saucepan.
Add the honey and stir until melted and combined.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Stir in the brown sugar.
Last but not least, the peanut butter.
Pour warm sauce over your oats mixture.
At the very last minute before transferring, drizzle with a heaping tablespoon more honey and stir in your chocolate! I used dark chocolate chunks, but any chocolate chip works great.
Press firmly into your baking dish. Let refrigerate for a good hour before slicing.
Cut into bars!
Not only are these adorable and perfect for snacking, they’ve got all of the right flavors that make for a fun granola bar. Enjoy!
Homemade S’mores Granola Bars
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 10 min | Total time: 25 min
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups quick oats
- 3/4 cup graham crackers, crumbled
- 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallow bits
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place shredded coconut evenly onto baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, until browned. Remove.
- Place coconut, oats, graham crackers, cereal and marshmallow bits into large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter and honey, stirring until melted. Remove and stir in brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla. Pour mixture over oat mixture stirring to combine. Right before transferring to 9×13 dish, drizzle with additional honey and stir in chocolate chunks, without stirring too much. Transfer to dish, pressing evenly. Refrigerate for one hour before cutting into bars. For best results, keep bars chilled until serving.
Makes 12 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Frigidaire Gallery®. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board!
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.