Sharing this perfect for chilly months, Creamy Autumn Corn Chowder!
It’s a pleasure partnering with Mirum Shopper today to bring you this delicious soup recipe, great Target Store products and fun in the kitchen with the kids!
Creating family fun with Fall Flavors is right up my ally. Target is one of our favorite places to stock up on Fall essentials. Getting my kids in the kitchen to help with dinner is always a highlight for me. I love to teach them and get them excited about cooking with great ingredients. Not only is is fun, but there’s a real sense of bonding that happens. Love sharing these experiences with my boys!
For todays recipe, my eleven year old was the lucky one that got to help mom! I started by teaching how to be safe while chopping vegetables and he even got to cut practice cutting a few vegetables. He loved this!
You’ll need cubed butternut squash, chopped leeks and chopped celery to get started.
Time to saute’ those vegetables. I loved watching how careful my son was in helping me out with dinner.
Measuring out some corn for our chowder.
Adding the corn into our soup pot and time to let it boil gently. Once we get a boil, we removed 2 cups of both and vegetables for the blender.
Up next we added Knorr Homestyle Stock, Reduced Sodium Chicken and Knorr Rice Sides – Chicken Flavor. You can find these products at your local Target Store. These products really helped bring this gorgeous chowder to life!
Note some great offers going on right now at Target:
We added our Knorr Stock and Knorr Chicken Flavor Rice to the pot. Let cook for about 7 minutes, until rice is softened.
We took our reserved broth and vegetables to the blender to puree. What a treat to see my son preparing dinner! He loved all of these different steps. Lots of giggles and fun conversation going on together.
Time to puree!
Adding the puree’d vegetables and broth to our soup pot. Up next, we added some of our favorite seasonings and sour cream to make our soup even creamier. What a hit with the whole family!
Be sure to get your kids in the kitchen and tell us about it via social media using the hashtag #FallFamilyCooking
Serve your soup with some soft rolls and a green salad if you’d like. Makes a lovely dinner!
Creamy Autumn Corn Chowder
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 15 min | Total time: 25 min
- 2 slices reduced sodium bacon
- 1/2 cup eek, finely chopped, white parts only
- 10 ounces peeled butternut squash, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh corn or thawed, frozen corn
- 8 cups water
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock – Reduced Sodium Chicken
- 1 package Knorr® Rice Sides™ – Chicken flavor
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook bacon in large saucepot until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon from saucepot. Set aside and reserve drippings.
- Cook leek, squash, celery and corn in reserved drippings over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add water and bring to boil then reduce heat to medium low and cook 10 minutes. Remove 2 cups of broth and vegetables and set aside.2
- Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock – Reduced Sodium Chicken and Knorr® Rice Sides™ – Chicken flavor. Cover and cook 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, process reserved 2 cups broth and vegetables in blender until smooth; stir into saucepot and cook until heated through. Garnish, if desired, with fresh parsley.
Makes 8 cups
Recipe altered slightly via Knorr.com
Disclosure: Post sponsored by Mirum Shopper but all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin to your favorite Dinner Recipe Board!
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.