This Sausage Basil Rigatoni with my simple Sausage Basil Rigatoni makes the perfect weeknight dinner!
Pasta night happens quite often at our home each week. This gorgeous pot of pasta with my homemade sauce, ground sausage, fresh basil and sprinkles of Parmesan cheese is going to make your family very happy. It’s one of our simple favorites. Hope you enjoy!
My biggest tip with cooking pasta, is be sure to not overcook it. In fact, I cook it 1 minute less than the package recommends to ensure it still has that nice bite to it.
Brown your sausage then add your cooked pasta back to the pot.
Prepare my simple 10 Minute Homemade Pasta Sauce.
Really tastes like it’s been simmering all day. This one’s a keeper.
Add the sauce to the pasta.
Fresh basil up next! I find my perfect leaves, stack them, roll them then thinly slice.
Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, more fresh basil and dinner is served! Enjoy.
Sausage Basil Rigatoni
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 10 min | Total time: 25 min
- 1 pound dry Rigatoni pasta
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
10 Minute Homemade Pasta Sauce, click HERE for recipe
- Cook pasta according to package directions being careful to not overcook pasta. Drain and set aside.
- Brown sausage in large pot over medium heat until cooked through. Stir in cooked pasta, salt, pepper, 10 minute Homemade sauce, and fresh basil. Stir gently, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve warm.
Makes 8 Servings
Pin to your favorite Recipe Board!
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.