My Mexican Breakfast Frittata is the perfect way to start your day!
There’s no better way to start your day than with this zesty Mexican style breakfast frittata. Packed with delicious southwest vegetables and seasoned with Old El Paso Taco Seasoning, you are in for a treat! With everything prepared in just one skillet, clean up is a breeze as well. This frittata makes great leftovers and tastes great with your favorite hot sauce drizzled on top.
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you new family favorite Mexican dishes. We love making breakfast and brunch type recipes so this frittata was so much fun to put together. I used some of my favorite Old El Paso products, their Taco Seasoning Mix and Chopped Green Chilies that brought great flavor to this breakfast recipe.
You’ll just need some simple ingredients to put this recipe together. Quick and easy.
Place your eggs in a large mixing bowl and add the chopped green chilies.
Season with one teaspoon of Old El Paso Taco Seasoning.
Whisk to combine.
Saute your bell peppers in a hot skillet.
Add the white onions. Saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
Carefully pour in your egg mixture.
Let cook for a few minutes like this to start setting up.
Start pulling in slightly cooked egg edges to center.
When partially set, top evenly with shredded cheddar cheese.
Top with some chopped fresh parsley.
Bake under oven’s broiler just until centers are set. Be sure to watch carefully.
Sprinkle tops with a light dusting of additional taco seasoning.
Cut into wedges and serve! Enjoy.
Mexican Breakfast Frittata
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 10 min | Total time: 20 min
- 8 large eggs
- 4 ounces Old El Paso Chopped Green Chilies
- 1 teaspoon Old El Paso Original Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper (yellow, orange, red)
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place eggs into a large mixing bowl and add chopped green chilies and taco seasoning. Whisk to combine.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and saute bell peppers and onion until slightly softened. Reduce heat slightly and cook eggs until about 1/2 cooked through, pulling in sided towards center. Top with cheese and parsley. Bake under oven’s broiler for 3-6 minutes, until centers are set.
- Remove and let cool for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve warm./li>
Makes 4 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin to your favorite Recipe Board!
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.