Sharing my Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars today!
Does it get any better than peppermint everything around the Holidays? We like to add a bit of peppermint magic to all of our baking, hot chocolate and about anything else we can think of this time of year. These bars make the perfect gift to wrap up and surprise neighbors and friends. They’ve got those buttery crisp edges with chewy centers everyone loves. Get the family in the kitchen and enjoy some of my Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Eggland’s Best to bring you new recipes! We’ve used Eggland’s Best Eggs for years. I love knowing that Eggland’s Best eggs contain six times more vitamin D, 25 percent less saturated fat, more than double the Omega-3s, ten times more vitamin E, and more than double the vitamin B12 than ordinary eggs.
Eggland’s Best’s superior nutrition is due to its proprietary all-vegetarian hen feed that contains healthy grains, canola oil and a wholesome supplement of rice bran, alfalfa, sea kelp and Vitamin E. In addition, independent testing has revealed that Eggland’s Best eggs have stronger shells than ordinary eggs, which leads to less breakage and helps them stay fresher longer than ordinary eggs.
Once you’ve creamed your butter and sugars, add your Eggland’s Best Eggs then vanilla. Stir to combine.
Slowly add your dry ingredients up next.
Time for some chocolate chips! I prefer the mini chocolate chips in these bars, but regular or even chocolate chunks work great too.
Crushed candy cane bits up next! Many times you can find bags near the chocolate chips at your grocery store. You can always crush your own candy canes if needed.
This dough!! So festive and irresistible.
Place your dough into a 9×13-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper. Press evenly then time to bake!
Let bars cool completely before cutting into squares 🙂
Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total time: 40 min
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large Eggland’s Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed candy cane bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugars into a large mixing bowl or stand mixer until well combined. Beat in egg and vanilla. Slowly add flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt. Stir until dough starts to form then stir in chips and candy cane bits. Press into prepared baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown on top and baked through. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Makes 12 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Eggland’s Best. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.