It’s so fun to look back at some of my first posts from 2007! I literally had no idea what I was doing, I just knew I really enjoyed creating recipes, lol!
6 years later and I have my dream job. Just goes to show you never really know where life is going to take you. I went to college to be a dental hygienist and would have never thought I’d turn into a crazy foodie. Well, I love it and am grateful for all of you who take the time to read my blog. Thankful every single day.
I thought it would be fun to pick out a recipe for each year that I have been blogging and reminisce a bit
Let’s start with 2007.
Back in 2007, I sat at my bedroom little desk in AZ looking for a place to share my recipes since I had decided I was hanging up my cooking competition days. From 2004-2007 ish I was a competitive cook and traveled all over. Some of the best years and great memories. My first post on Picky Palate October 11, 2007 I shared my Taco Ranch Chicken Pockets that landed me a spot in the Pillsbury Bake-Off 2004. That’s what started my crazy foodie journey. Had a blast.
2008, I was still working as a dental hygienist really enjoying this “blogging” thing. Couldn’t believe there were people really reading and trying my recipes! My Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownie Cups were one of our favorite creations back in the day
2009 was a big year for us. I was still working as a dental hygienist, LOVING Picky Palate and creating recipes. I created one of our family favorite recipes in 2009, BBQ Mac and Cheese. It’s amazing!! Little did I know that we would be moving our family to Southern California in December 2009. I was terrified to leave AZ and our family.
2010 was quite pivotal. We were getting used to our new surroundings in Southern California, new school and new friends. This is the year I decided that I would turn Picky Palate into our Business rather than just a hobby. I am so glad that I did. Late 2010 is when I was contacted to write The Picky Palate Cookbook. Talk about shocker. I couldn’t believe how far Picky Palate had come!! What a blessing. I remember making these Walking Tacos with my boys for Superbowl Sunday in our new little home in CA. The boys were so little!!! Love this picture of them
2011 marks the year that my Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies were born It was so fun watching these cookies take the internet by storm. 2 years later and we are still making these bad boys
2012, what a year! I could cry just looking at these 2 pictures. The Picky Palate Cookbook after 2 years of sweat and tears was finally available to the world. What a feeling it was to hold it in my hands for the first time. Mr. Pax came into the world literally 1 month before the cookbook release date. He gave us the scare of the century when he was born but came out a fighter. He is the sweetest little boy ever. He is now 13 months old. Can’t believe how fast that first year went by!!
2013 has been awesome! So grateful everyday to be creating recipes for you. Picky Palate even hit 100K Facebook Fans this month. Fun birthday present for Picky Palate.
Y’all want a chance to win this gorgeous stand mixer?
KitchenAid is offering one lucky Picky Palate reader this gorgeous Raspberry Ice KitchenAid with glass bowl. I use this one in my kitchen and it’s a dream.
To enter, use the widget below
So excited to be partnering with a great group of bloggers to bring you this giveaway for a
$1,000 Visa Gift Card!
And it’s just in time for Christmas!! Who wouldn’t love a little extra cash around the holidays??
I am thrilled to be hosting this giveaway alongside some of my favorite blogging ladies today:
- Kevin and Amanda
- The Hopeless Housewife
- Tatertots and Jello
- Deal Seeking Mom
- Hostess With the Mostess
One lucky winner will receive a $1,000 Visa Gift Card!!! Yes ONE THOUSAND, you read that right! Spend it on anything you want — yourself, friends, family, Christmas, it’s up to you! No matter what you decide, it’s all yours to spend, all you have to do is enter!
Have you seen their new line of gorgeous handbags?! Let me introduce you to the Hudson Hobo. Isn’t it beautiful? Here’s a little information about the bag:
Here’s a better look at the front of the bag.
The back and the inside.
Here’s the lovely Waverly Wallet in Nightshade. I can’t say enough about it. It matches perfectly with the bag and has lots of room for all of your wallet essentials. Here’s a little information about the wallet:
-Belgian cut-velvet with 100% genuine leather trim and interior
-Signature Petunia detailing with custom polished gunmetal elements and hardware
-Continental-style zipper opening
-10-slot credit card wall, ID window and 2 photo slots
-Bill pocket, zippered coin pocket and gusseted inner pocket
-Materials: Belgian cut-velvet exterior, leather trim and interior
A closer look at the front and inside.
To Enter Giveaway:
Use the widget below to get entered. Please note that to enter the giveaway it is mandatory to sign up for the Petunia Mailing list, see widget for instructions. Thanks and good luck!
If anyone asks me my favorite editing software for all of my photos, without hesitation I say Lightroom. No question. I’ve never been a photoshop gal because of the learning curve. Lightroom is so easy to use, I was so excited to learn that I figured it out in just minutes. (I am not tech savvy at all)
It sure makes my job easy as a food blogger being able to touch up my photos ever so slightly to get just what I am looking for.
Lightroom is offering one Picky Palate reader Lightroom 5, so you can edit your photos beautifully! Here’s a little information of what Lightroom 5 offers:
- Photo Organization And Management
- RAW Conversion
- Nondestructive Editing Workflow
- Tethered Shooting, DSLR Video Support
- Highlight And Shadow Recovery
- Photo Book Creation, Video Publishing
- White Balance And Other Editing Brushes
- Enhanced Online Sharing, Email, Imports
- Mac OS X 10.8, Windows 7/8 Compatible
- Free Downloadable Updates Available
There are so many before and after pictures I can show you, but this is one I did just last week when I was photographing my Double Chocolate Butterfinger Cake. We had some friends over and their dog was outside my window watching my cake, lol! I snapped a photo and as you can see on the left, it was dark and gray. With just a few touch ups from Lightroom you get the picture on the right. Love!!
Here’s How To Enter:
1. Leave a comment below and tell us: What do you take photos of most? Your kids, animals, food? Let’s hear it!
2. Contest open until June 15th 8pm PST. Winner will be chosen by random.org and be notified by email. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to claim prize. Contest provided by Lightroom.
So excited to be teaming up with Nestle today for a fun new cookie recipe and giveaway at the end of this post. Nestle reminds me so much of my childhood baking with my mom and grandma. It’s so nice to have those same products to use for my own family on a regular basis. Needless to say I was thrilled to create a recipe with them.
The Nestle ingredients I am highlighting today are their Cocoa Powder, Mini Chocolate Chips and Premier White Morsels.
Here’s your line up of ingredients. Lot’s of delicious Nestle products packed inside these cookies.
If you haven’t used Nestle cocoa powder before, I highly recommend it.
Two of my favorites Nestle Premier White Morsels and mini chips.
You’ll use a nice spoonful of peanut butter.
Oh for the love of mini chips. Obsessed.
Pretty white chips, always a favorite.
Bake this lovely cookie dough for 10-12 minutes in a 350 degree oven until baked through.
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter and White Chip Cookies
- 1 stick softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Nestle Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Nestle Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Nestle White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugars into a stand mixer until well combined. Add egg and egg yolk of second egg along with vanilla beating until well combined. Add peanut butter, beating then slowly add flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Beat until just combined then add chips.
- With a medium cookie scoop, place dough onto prepared baking sheet, about an inch apart from each other. Bake for 10-12 minutes until baked through. Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
Follow the widget below to enter to win a 6 piece baking set plus an array of Nestle products!
20 creative bloggers have gathered together to share THEIR favorite summer things under $50 AND we are each giving away the basket of our own Favorite Things!
Below you will see I did a little shopping for YOU! I gathered up some things that I love and make summer more bright and fun in my life. At the very end of this post, you can enter to win my gift basket of summer goodies! (value approx. $50+)
To view closer details and enter to win the other baskets, simply HOP on over to the links below, where you can also enter to win the giveaway on their sites.
You can enter to win ONE or all TWENTY, what ever looks fun to you. There’s such a great variety from all the bloggers. From fun crafty items, home decor, household, jewelry, beauty products and office supplies to snacks, bags, gift cards and so much more! There’s a little fun for everyone!
1. Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke | 2. No Biggie | 3. Tatertots and Jello | 4. The Idea Room | 5. TidyMom | 6. Dine & Dish | 7. Skip to My Lou | 8. House of Smiths | 9. I Heart Faces | 10. Nest of Posies | 11. The Inspired Room | 12. Living Locurto | 13. 30 Handmade Days | 14. Picky Palate | 15. Today’s Creative Blog | 16. Live Laugh Rowe | 17. Snap Creativity | 18. My Baking Addiction | 19. Sweet Sugar Belle | 20. FoodieCrush
Here’s what to do:
- Take a quick glance at the collage below
- Scroll to the bottom of this post to see my giveaway up close with details of my favorite summer things
- Enter to win my gift basket using the giveaway widget below
- HOP to all of the other sites from the links above to enter to win their gifts and say hello!
- Look around and enjoy the sites of the 2o creative bloggers–they will not disappoint! Be sure to tell your friends!
Here’s what’s up for grabs in my box….you know I was including Mega Stuf Oreos right? Lol!
Here are all of the goodies that are inside my favorite things box. Most of my goodies are from Target, one of my absolute favorite places to shop….ever! The bracelet is from Bauble Bar and the PB&J bar is from Trader Joes
Another look inside. One of my favorite drug store mascaras, Maybelline “the Rocket” works fabulously. Love the Method soaps and one can never have enough wet wipes if you ask me!
Pretty little aqua studs. Look just like the Kate Spade ones. Yippee! Love the little gold coin purse too.
I am still a sucker for these Sally Hanson sticker nails. This is my favorite one she makes and looks so cute on!
Yummy raspberry lipgloss. Can’t ever have too many
I LOVE Bauble Bar and this is one of my favorites from them. Cobalt Blue and fabulous.
Good luck! Follow the widget below to enter.
I am so excited to be offering a lucky Picky Palate reader a $500 Gift Card to go shopping with MacKenzie-Childs! So many fun things to choose from from kitchen, to bedroom to garden. Wait until you browse their website. You’ll want one of everything
“MacKenzie-Childs is located on a 65-acre former dairy farm overlooking Cayuga Lake in the heart of the Finger Lakes region. The grounds–open to the public–house our production studio, a Second-Empire farmhouse that is open for tours, and a retail shop filled with MacKenzie-Childs tableware, home furnishings, and gifts from around the world.
The picturesque farm is also home to a small herd of Scottish Highland cattle, dozens of birds roosting in the Gothic Revival-style Chicken Palace, a duck pond, a former Cornell horse barn, a 1930’s greenhouse, spectacular and ever-changing gardens, and plenty of hay fields.
Soon after acquiring the farm, MacKenzie-Childs turned the dairy barn into a working production studio where today handmade, hand-decorated majolica pottery, tile, furniture, and home furnishings are crafted by our talented artisans. The production studio includes design, clay molding, firing, painting, furniture and upholstery-making areas and employs over 100 artisans on site”
I hope I can visit their amazing store front someday, how beautiful is this?!
Here are just some (of many) of my favorite products!
Use the widget below to enter to win!
Hey everyone, I am helping my friend Carrian of Oh Sweet Basil celebrate her birthday week. She’s got some unbelievable giveaways this week, so I’ll give the stage to her today Enjoy and good luck!
Day 4 of the 5 Days of Giveaways!
We are still celebrating birthday week. It’s day 4 and this one is going to rock your world. First, in case you missed: Day 1: Magmix Food Processor-$400,
I couldn’t think of a better way to continue the celebration than to, A. Share one of our all time favorite dinner recipes, and B. GIVE AWAY AN OUTDOOR GRILL! (Think Oprah when you read that last sentence. Ahhh, now you can here the voice right? Too bad I’m not her or I’d also add, “One for you, and you, and you”)
Anyway, make sure you check out Monday’s giveaway for the best Food Processor ever, Magimix, Tuesday’s Giveaway for a Vacation for 4 to Deer Valley Resort, Wednesday’s for over $500 worth of Hamilton Beach Appliances and enter today’s giveaway for an amazing Master Forge 5-Burner grill courtesty of Lowes. Kinda makes sense that Lowe’s says to, “Never Stop Improving” and trust me your cooking will totally improve with this baby.
PS: You MUST scroll down to check out these amazing tacos too. DO NOT FORGET. Especially if you win, you’ll need the perfect recipe to try out. 😉
ENTER TO WIN A $1200 Grill!
To enter this giveaway just follow these steps:
1. Pin this post to pinterest
2. Follow each blogger on pinterest (each photo below links to each pinterest account for you)
3. Enter to win
If you’d like to enter by pinning a recipe or post other than this one from each blogger or follow on Facebook the links are provided in each button on the Promo Simple.
Powered by PromoSimple.
Why This Grill Rocks
- This grill is obviously one of the “hottest” grills on the block. It’s sleek, and includes a gorgeous granite counter. Hey pretty baby…
- A built in trash? Heck yes! I love that you can throw a little trash bag in the trash container hidden under the grill. No more back and forth inside the house to throw away hot dog wrappers, broken skewers etc.
- 5 Burners-5 Burn-ers. Did you catch that? That means a whole lot more grilling in a lot less time. Woohoo!!
- Electric Ignitor
Getting All James Bond
What you may not know, but what I consider to be my favorite parts about this grill…
- Infrared Rotisserie Burner-You heard right, this grill is about to change your life forever. You have a build in infrared rotisserie located at the back of the grill. Oh my gosh, I’m starving already.
- Built-in halogen lights and LED control panel lights
- A warming rack so you can constantly be adding more to the grill
- Natural Gas Conversion!!