If anyone asks me my favorite editing software for all of my photos, without hesitation I say Lightroom. No question. I’ve never been a photoshop gal because of the learning curve. Lightroom is so easy to use, I was so excited to learn that I figured it out in just minutes. (I am not tech savvy at all)
It sure makes my job easy as a food blogger being able to touch up my photos ever so slightly to get just what I am looking for.
Lightroom is offering one Picky Palate reader Lightroom 5, so you can edit your photos beautifully! Here’s a little information of what Lightroom 5 offers:
- Photo Organization And Management
- RAW Conversion
- Nondestructive Editing Workflow
- Tethered Shooting, DSLR Video Support
- Highlight And Shadow Recovery
- Photo Book Creation, Video Publishing
- White Balance And Other Editing Brushes
- Enhanced Online Sharing, Email, Imports
- Mac OS X 10.8, Windows 7/8 Compatible
- Free Downloadable Updates Available
There are so many before and after pictures I can show you, but this is one I did just last week when I was photographing my Double Chocolate Butterfinger Cake. We had some friends over and their dog was outside my window watching my cake, lol! I snapped a photo and as you can see on the left, it was dark and gray. With just a few touch ups from Lightroom you get the picture on the right. Love!!
Here’s How To Enter:
1. Leave a comment below and tell us: What do you take photos of most? Your kids, animals, food? Let’s hear it!
2. Contest open until June 15th 8pm PST. Winner will be chosen by random.org and be notified by email. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to claim prize. Contest provided by Lightroom.
So excited to be teaming up with Nestle today for a fun new cookie recipe and giveaway at the end of this post. Nestle reminds me so much of my childhood baking with my mom and grandma. It’s so nice to have those same products to use for my own family on a regular basis. Needless to say I was thrilled to create a recipe with them.
The Nestle ingredients I am highlighting today are their Cocoa Powder, Mini Chocolate Chips and Premier White Morsels.
Here’s your line up of ingredients. Lot’s of delicious Nestle products packed inside these cookies.
If you haven’t used Nestle cocoa powder before, I highly recommend it.
Two of my favorites Nestle Premier White Morsels and mini chips.
You’ll use a nice spoonful of peanut butter.
Oh for the love of mini chips. Obsessed.
Pretty white chips, always a favorite.
Bake this lovely cookie dough for 10-12 minutes in a 350 degree oven until baked through.
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter and White Chip Cookies
- 1 stick softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Nestle Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Nestle Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Nestle White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugars into a stand mixer until well combined. Add egg and egg yolk of second egg along with vanilla beating until well combined. Add peanut butter, beating then slowly add flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Beat until just combined then add chips.
- With a medium cookie scoop, place dough onto prepared baking sheet, about an inch apart from each other. Bake for 10-12 minutes until baked through. Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
Follow the widget below to enter to win a 6 piece baking set plus an array of Nestle products!
20 creative bloggers have gathered together to share THEIR favorite summer things under $50 AND we are each giving away the basket of our own Favorite Things!
Below you will see I did a little shopping for YOU! I gathered up some things that I love and make summer more bright and fun in my life. At the very end of this post, you can enter to win my gift basket of summer goodies! (value approx. $50+)
To view closer details and enter to win the other baskets, simply HOP on over to the links below, where you can also enter to win the giveaway on their sites.
You can enter to win ONE or all TWENTY, what ever looks fun to you. There’s such a great variety from all the bloggers. From fun crafty items, home decor, household, jewelry, beauty products and office supplies to snacks, bags, gift cards and so much more! There’s a little fun for everyone!
1. Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke | 2. No Biggie | 3. Tatertots and Jello | 4. The Idea Room | 5. TidyMom | 6. Dine & Dish | 7. Skip to My Lou | 8. House of Smiths | 9. I Heart Faces | 10. Nest of Posies | 11. The Inspired Room | 12. Living Locurto | 13. 30 Handmade Days | 14. Picky Palate | 15. Today’s Creative Blog | 16. Live Laugh Rowe | 17. Snap Creativity | 18. My Baking Addiction | 19. Sweet Sugar Belle | 20. FoodieCrush
Here’s what to do:
- Take a quick glance at the collage below
- Scroll to the bottom of this post to see my giveaway up close with details of my favorite summer things
- Enter to win my gift basket using the giveaway widget below
- HOP to all of the other sites from the links above to enter to win their gifts and say hello!
- Look around and enjoy the sites of the 2o creative bloggers–they will not disappoint! Be sure to tell your friends!
Here’s what’s up for grabs in my box….you know I was including Mega Stuf Oreos right? Lol!
Here are all of the goodies that are inside my favorite things box. Most of my goodies are from Target, one of my absolute favorite places to shop….ever! The bracelet is from Bauble Bar and the PB&J bar is from Trader Joes
Another look inside. One of my favorite drug store mascaras, Maybelline “the Rocket” works fabulously. Love the Method soaps and one can never have enough wet wipes if you ask me!
Pretty little aqua studs. Look just like the Kate Spade ones. Yippee! Love the little gold coin purse too.
I am still a sucker for these Sally Hanson sticker nails. This is my favorite one she makes and looks so cute on!
Yummy raspberry lipgloss. Can’t ever have too many
I LOVE Bauble Bar and this is one of my favorites from them. Cobalt Blue and fabulous.
Good luck! Follow the widget below to enter.
I am so excited to be offering a lucky Picky Palate reader a $500 Gift Card to go shopping with MacKenzie-Childs! So many fun things to choose from from kitchen, to bedroom to garden. Wait until you browse their website. You’ll want one of everything
“MacKenzie-Childs is located on a 65-acre former dairy farm overlooking Cayuga Lake in the heart of the Finger Lakes region. The grounds–open to the public–house our production studio, a Second-Empire farmhouse that is open for tours, and a retail shop filled with MacKenzie-Childs tableware, home furnishings, and gifts from around the world.
The picturesque farm is also home to a small herd of Scottish Highland cattle, dozens of birds roosting in the Gothic Revival-style Chicken Palace, a duck pond, a former Cornell horse barn, a 1930’s greenhouse, spectacular and ever-changing gardens, and plenty of hay fields.
Soon after acquiring the farm, MacKenzie-Childs turned the dairy barn into a working production studio where today handmade, hand-decorated majolica pottery, tile, furniture, and home furnishings are crafted by our talented artisans. The production studio includes design, clay molding, firing, painting, furniture and upholstery-making areas and employs over 100 artisans on site”
I hope I can visit their amazing store front someday, how beautiful is this?!
Here are just some (of many) of my favorite products!
Use the widget below to enter to win!
Hey everyone, I am helping my friend Carrian of Oh Sweet Basil celebrate her birthday week. She’s got some unbelievable giveaways this week, so I’ll give the stage to her today Enjoy and good luck!
Day 4 of the 5 Days of Giveaways!
We are still celebrating birthday week. It’s day 4 and this one is going to rock your world. First, in case you missed: Day 1: Magmix Food Processor-$400,
I couldn’t think of a better way to continue the celebration than to, A. Share one of our all time favorite dinner recipes, and B. GIVE AWAY AN OUTDOOR GRILL! (Think Oprah when you read that last sentence. Ahhh, now you can here the voice right? Too bad I’m not her or I’d also add, “One for you, and you, and you”)
Anyway, make sure you check out Monday’s giveaway for the best Food Processor ever, Magimix, Tuesday’s Giveaway for a Vacation for 4 to Deer Valley Resort, Wednesday’s for over $500 worth of Hamilton Beach Appliances and enter today’s giveaway for an amazing Master Forge 5-Burner grill courtesty of Lowes. Kinda makes sense that Lowe’s says to, “Never Stop Improving” and trust me your cooking will totally improve with this baby.
PS: You MUST scroll down to check out these amazing tacos too. DO NOT FORGET. Especially if you win, you’ll need the perfect recipe to try out.
ENTER TO WIN A $1200 Grill!
To enter this giveaway just follow these steps:
1. Pin this post to pinterest
2. Follow each blogger on pinterest (each photo below links to each pinterest account for you)
3. Enter to win
If you’d like to enter by pinning a recipe or post other than this one from each blogger or follow on Facebook the links are provided in each button on the Promo Simple.
Powered by PromoSimple.
Why This Grill Rocks
- This grill is obviously one of the “hottest” grills on the block. It’s sleek, and includes a gorgeous granite counter. Hey pretty baby…
- A built in trash? Heck yes! I love that you can throw a little trash bag in the trash container hidden under the grill. No more back and forth inside the house to throw away hot dog wrappers, broken skewers etc.
- 5 Burners-5 Burn-ers. Did you catch that? That means a whole lot more grilling in a lot less time. Woohoo!!
- Electric Ignitor
Getting All James Bond
What you may not know, but what I consider to be my favorite parts about this grill…
- Infrared Rotisserie Burner-You heard right, this grill is about to change your life forever. You have a build in infrared rotisserie located at the back of the grill. Oh my gosh, I’m starving already.
- Built-in halogen lights and LED control panel lights
- A warming rack so you can constantly be adding more to the grill
- Natural Gas Conversion!!
I am so excited to share the news about my friend Lori of Recipe Girl’s new cookbook! I’ve known Lori for years, we’ve been to dozens of events and conferences together and am so happy and proud of her and her new book. Lori is a busy mom (to RecipeBoy) and wife who KNOWS how to cook and entertain. Her book is chock-full of mouthwatering recipes for every occasion. Not only are her recipes family friendly and delicious, but Matt Armendariz and Adam Pearson photographed and styled the book. They also did my book and I know first hand they are the best of the best!
What a treat it is to see so many talented food bloggers publishing cookbooks. They are by far my favorites on my cookbook shelf. Be sure to scroll down below the recipe and enter to win a KitchenAid 5 Speed Blender and Recipe Girl Cookbook to help celebrate Lori’s new book!
Make sure you head over to Amazon or wherever books are sold to pick yourself up a copy of Lori’s book!
I chose a lunch recipe to share with you today. I love a good hot dog from time to time and Lori’s Avocado Topped Hot Dogs with Creamy Chipotle Sauce caught my eye right away. Avocado and chipotle sauce? Yes please!
Please note the original recipe has chopped tomatoes.
Talk about an easy lunch to whip up for either yourself or for some friends. You can grill these babies or just boil them right on the stovetop. The chipotle sauce is just mayonnaise and a touch of chipotle sauce from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. You can find this in the Mexican section of your grocery store.
Recipe Girl’s Avocado Topped Hot Dogs with Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chipotle adobe sauce
- 8 good quality hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 large avocados, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup Cojita cheese
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. To prepare chipotle sauce, in a medium bowl whisk together the mayonnaise and chipotle sauce. Cover the bowl and keep in the refrigerator until you’re ready to assemble the hot dogs.
- To prepare the hot dogs, grill the hot dogs, turning often until they have grill marks on all sides, 5-7 minutes. Meanwhile, spread 1/2 tablespoon of the butter inside each bun. Grill the buns butter side down on the edges of the grill, where it’s not so hot. Remove the buns from the grill when they are lightly browned, 1-2 minutes.
- To assemble, place a hot dog in each toasted bun, then top each with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the chipotle sauce. Divide the tomato, avocados and cheese among the dogs and serve immediately.
Makes 8 Servings
*photo shown without chopped tomato*
See Widget below to get entered for the giveaway! Winner will have choice of 12 colors to choose from for their blender. Please read complete rules found on the widget.
Can you even believe summer is right around the corner? Me either, because it means one thing for sure…..swimsuit season, lol!
You’ll have no worries looking amazing in these swimsuits I am sharing with you today. Albionfit.com is offering a Picky Palate reader with $150 to shopping online their site. Wait until you see these adorable suits.
Albion Fit offers beautiful, comfortable, and high-performance fitness and swimwear for the fashion and health-conscious female. They also recognize the importance of balancing an active lifestyle. Love that!
Here are some of my favorites.
Love Love Love this suit! I do not have a bikini body, so I am always looking for stylish one pieces. This one is so cute! It’s called The Show Stopper Black and White.
How cute is this Blousy Shirt Top suit? Great for hiding…say….leftover baby tummy?! Yes!
Love this one too! It’s called the Gown Suit Poppy.
Another cute pick from me is this Dolled Up Polka Dot Suit. Cute huh?!
Now for the Giveaway! One lucky winner will win $150 to go shopping online at Albionfit.com!
Use the rafflecopter widget below to get entered!
Disclosure: I received product for hosting this giveaway however thoughts and opinions are my own.
Green Apple KitchenAid anyone?
Thrilled to be teaming up with one of my good buddies Maria of Two Peas and Their Pod for a KitchenAid St. Patrick’s Day Giveaway! KitchenAid is offering 2 of our readers one of these gorgeous Green Apple Mixers. We always love working with KitchenAid, their products are the best.
Whether you are baking up a batch of cookies, bread, cupcakes or cake, KitchenAid always makes life easier in the kitchen if you ask me! How amazing is this color by the way? A little extra green to get you ready for St. Patrick’s Day!
Be sure to peek at my Green Velvet Baked Sprinkle Donuts to see the mixer in action!
2 Winners will receive
Green Apple 5 Quart Artisan Series
5 quart capacity, 10 speeds
Green Apple finish
325 watt motor for 9 cup flour power
Stainless Steel Bowl with Handle
Includes beater, dough hook and wire whip
To Enter To Win, See the Rafflecopter Widget Below. Good Luck!
Two of our lucky readers will each win a 16 GB ipad mini with WI-FI (about a $350 value after tax)!
We have come together with some of the most amazing blogs out there (I am sure you have seen their stuff ALL over Pinterest) to bring you this fantastic giveaway. We are all so excited! And we will be picking our lucky winners on the luckiest day of all! St. Patrick’s Day!
All you have to do is pin this post and follow ALL of these talented bloggers on Pinterest. Believe me, if you aren’t following them already you want to be! They are the best of the best when it comes to food, crafts, style and inspiration. And we have made it super easy with all of their follow buttons below.
Once you have followed them all, just fill out the rafflecopter form and you will be entered to win!!!!